ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lens Advice....

M135i
just purchased a 500D body, so now looking for a lens for for it :)

main hobby is mostly automotive, so please enlighten me on what to look at
thanks

Oil Burner
Sigma 10-20

Its a pretty cheap lens that is fun, sharp (normally) and perfect for doing automotive.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do you already have the standard 18-55mm kit lens? I presume you dont.

Whats your budget?

I'd get something a bit more versatile than the 10-20 if its your only lens.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
10-20 for car shots .. but you will find yourself limited with most other things.....

budget ? i'd suggest a sigma 10-20, and a canon 24-70 but you might only have 50p to spend ;)

10-20 lens is a bit restrictive IF it's your only lens. Yes they're fun to use, but I would probably recommend a mid range zoom like 24-70 (as above) to cover more opportunities.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd look at the 17-85 for a decent best of both worlds lens if your on a budget, 24-70 is restrictive on the wide side on a crop :(

M135i
well dont wanna spend too much tbh, been looking at the 75-300 and probli get a 50 soon aswell but dont wether to just buy the 18-55 they any good or not worth it?

Fiesta ST-3
At 18-55 is a good all rounder but will struggle to pic up good shots especially if your track side. Do you have any lens'? Because if you just buy a 70-300 and have nothing else it will be s**t at close ups etc.

M135i
and also what about the 55-200 all seem to be able to get them for less than £100 which about as much as im looking at momment

M135i
yeah so looking for a good all rounder for close up etc and also abit of longer range track side etc

Fiesta ST-3
Well your best bet is getting on ebay and buying second hand. Ideally you want a range from 18-100 mm should do you fine for track use. So just get looking.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've just now made an offer on a new lens (while looking to see whats available for you lol) so my kit lens, 18-55mm IS, may soon be for sale. Its mint and probably worth around £70 looking at past one's for sale :)

Cupra
Good enough to get you started. Add a 50mm for low light use later on and you have covered most bases.