ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG BL40 Chocolate

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looking for reviews. (Personal reviews) not people with iPasch discussing how they arn't as good.

Cheers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is that the widescreen job? Girl at work had one, w**k, sent it back after a week for a htc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye, it's not short, but so thin!!! it's a touch longer than iPasch but so much cooler! Love it...Although will take me ages to get use to! Me + technology = Shambles!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm a bit shocked, did you buy one?

Why shocked, it's the one u suggested!!

got it from o2, although i did get bent over a bit...18month contract on it. Same terms tho, 600mins unlimted texts, unlimited web, free fone for 30£ per month

Used to be month to month contract, 20£! Hummm...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No dude, i'm not saying anything bad. (although i'm pretty sure i didn't suggest it, unless it was for the fun of it)

Im just surprised, didn't strike me as your sort of phone.
I thought you were a call and text person.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No dude, i'm not saying anything bad. (although i'm pretty sure i didn't suggest it, unless it was for the fun of it)

Im just surprised, didn't strike me as your sort of phone.
I thought you were a call and text person.

Well i kinda am, but i need to get with the times...Plus it's a flas harry phone so, fits the bill nicely! ;)

You did link me to it a while back, sure of it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Conclusion

The LG New Chocolate BL40 is a fun handset with some great features and a fantastic screen that is mostly responsive and has the colors and contrast to worry some AMOLED displays. On top of this, it's an unusual handset and very attractively styled. Despite its skinny form, the BL40 is packed with goodies such as WiFI, GPS, and a 5 megapixel camera, and will surely keep gadget lovers entertained.

However, it's not perfect, and short battery life, coupled with a poor email experience and sometimes slow performance, lose the BL40 some kudos. The camera is also not as good as I'd hoped, and the BL40 suffered some odd glitches such as callers being unable to hear me on their first call attempt.

Overall, I give the LG New Chocolate BL40 a "Recommended" rating, as it's easily one of the best LG phones I've used, and succeeds in its main aim to be a movie-friendly feature phone. It loses out on our top rating due to the issues I had with messaging, battery performance, and the clunky web browser. I am also still not a fan of the S-class UI, which is a bit too childish for my liking, and lacks purpose in many aspects.

From my mates review, so it isn't horrendous.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Interesting. A flawed Gem then...never had an LG tbh! There was nothing else out there i liked or wanted, so i guess it's the best of a bad bunch!

For a second i was considering a Carbon Arte, then thought nah! 60mins of battery life is pisch! Esp when i'm buckled, in the rain, with a kebab tryin to phone a taxi with a dead battery...Ahh good times.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
First thoughts! Great fone! Love it! Although useless when you're drunk!! Txting is miles better than the iPhone due to the normal key pad touch screen, you can make it a QWERTY by turning it on it's side. But i hate that! Only thing am worried about is dropping it, and you have to keep it in your front pocket now! It's quite big

Screen definition is incredible!!!!!!!