ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG U990

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Been looking at a few mobiles for a while and thought I would ask what people's opinions are on the said fone?. I was thinking about maybe the Iphone, but tbh I can't be bothered messing about unlocking it etc.. Or maybe the N95 8GB.

The 2 video's below of the LG U990 look pretty good though:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=36&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L4UusytMXWA

Just wondering what people think???... & I suppose coming from an N80 any of the above fones will be better?.

T

thecremeegg

The girlfriends got one, and its a pretty cool phone. The camera is terrific, helped by the huge screen. The touchscreen isnt the best imo, its not as sensitive as i'd like, but typing on it is pretty easily
Doesnt come with any games, and its nothing like as customisable as the N95, but its a completely different phone tbh. Its stylish and does its job well, just not feature rich

I have just bought it on 3. 300 Mins & 300 Texts 24 quid a month and the LG for free, but the donw side is that its on 3 and its 18 month contract.

172beast

I've had one for about 3 week now, been very happy with it to. I had a N80 and K800i before, camera quality is comparable to the k800 in good light and much better in low light, video quality is amazing. Touch screen I've found to work spot on and text messaging is easy and just as quick as my old phones.

Its not as customisable as a N95 as its not Symbian based, but you can still get a lot of java based apps for it, like Bluetooth snoopers, games and stuff and some work with the touchscreen. Once the Viewty takes off I'd imagine a lot of touch screen based games becoming available.

Downside, only takes 2 gig memory card at mo but next firmware should sort that, LG Pc suite is utter naff, LG support and website is naff as the phones only just been added this week lol and they don't supply you with a TV out cable or sell it as of yet.

All in all though I've been very happy with mine and think its a very good alternative to the iphone, N95 and K850i.

I've had one for about 3 week now, been very happy with it to. I had a N80 and K800i before, camera quality is comparable to the k800 in good light and much better in low light, video quality is amazing. Touch screen I've found to work spot on and text messaging is easy and just as quick as my old phones.

Its not as customisable as a N95 as its not Symbian based, but you can still get a lot of java based apps for it, like Bluetooth snoopers, games and stuff and some work with the touchscreen. Once the Viewty takes off I'd imagine a lot of touch screen based games becoming available.

Downside, only takes 2 gig memory card at mo but next firmware should sort that, LG Pc suite is utter naff, LG support and website is naff as the phones only just been added this week lol and they don't supply you with a TV out cable or sell it as of yet.

All in all though I've been very happy with mine and think its a very good alternative to the iphone, N95 and K850i.

Do you know any websites that have any Themes, Games/Apps etc..?. Been looking on goole and can't really find any:(.

Cheers mate :)...

I'll be messing about installing them when I get the fone next Thursday. Also if anybody is deciding to get a fone from 3?. Just thought I would let you know that if you use this Promotional Voucher: HS19110734 on 3's Website. You will get a £20 Promotional Accessory Voucher . It does work as I have bought this phone on 3's website last night...