ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightning cable given up

You have to wriggle it to get it to work and even then - if you touch it, it stops working.

What are the chances of me taking it into Apple and walking out with a new one FOC?

My phone is still under warranty.

But it's only bent because of their s**t design. Am I left with no choice but to buy another and have the same happen again?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I strongly recommend Tom's idea;

micro usb to lightening adaptor from CEX for £8 and a micro USB lead. I'm using this at the moment and it's faultless with a Nokia lumia micro USB lead.

I know I know... I didn't fancy risking it not being compatible/charging through my laptop though.

It makes me laugh how a cable is £15 but if you want one twice the length they add on £10.

I know I know... I didn't fancy risking it not being compatible/charging through my laptop though.

It makes me laugh how a cable is £15 but if you want one twice the length they add on £10.

Haha I see your point! For twice the length http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Metre-U...t=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item564f1ff210 ;)

No, because I didn't link any chargers. Just the cable.

It's the plug that caught fire in that article!

SQ5

Why? Say the cost is £2.50 for each end and £10 p/m, add £10 for another metre?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Amazon basics 2.1 amp charger; £7.99

micro usb to lightening adaptor from CEX; £8

3m of micro usb lead; £1.99 from amazon.

Around £18 for the job lot and non of which will ever break. If for some reason, the micro usb lead breaks; get another for around 2 to 3 quid. Happy days.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's overpriced to begin with. Do you seriously think it costs them a lot more to provide an extra metre? We are talking pennies...

Agreed, I bet its more like:
each end 50p
cable 50p

profit 13.5 quid

and then on the longer one
each end 50p
cable 100p

profit 23 quid

SQ5
Agreed, I bet its more like:
each end 50p
cable 50p

profit 13.5 quid

and then on the longer one
each end 50p
cable 100p

profit 23 quid

I still would say that's way off, you'd be looking at pence for the ends, especially the USB side