ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little dent in roof, dentdevils or diy?!?

The other day, I found a small dent (about 3cm dia.) just above the b-pillar on my car. Being a black car, it sticks out and is annoying the f**k out of me already. I think it must be from when I parked my car under a tree the other day.

It's quite shallow, can't see a crease and it's above the b-pillar just as the roof starts to become flat luckily, so not on the curve.

I phoned dent devils, and he said he could do it on thursday or friday next week, and it'd be a maximum of £75.

Now, could I possibly get it out myself? Or is that asking for trouble lol. I know it's probably directly above the brace that goes between the pillars, but there are holes in them. If I just take down the head lining a bit, and push it gently??

Anyone had a small dent removed from their roof? How much did it cost. If it's only going to be £30-£40 then I won't even bother touching it I doubt, but if I could save myself £75 it's all good.

Ad

MK2 FRS
sorry to say this mate, but chances are that its as a result of accident damage in the past, clios involved in front shuts in particular flex there. Dents are quite tricky to remove as well. My 172 had been repaired, there, but i only found after I purchased it.

But I'm pretty sure I found the offending article on the ground next to the car?! Maybe it is, can't really do anything about it, odd that it just appeared after being under a tree thats all lol.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Couldnt say 100% without seeing..... but like i said is quite common. Had happened on mine, and seen a few clios damaged with the same, dependednt on how severve the bump was, the roof kinks to the same degree.

Dent man should be able to remove if its shallow, doubt you could do it yourself, and for the sake of saving £70 might be best left to the expert???

Yeah, perhaps I shall leave it. If I try, it may end up poking upwards instead lol. Maybe I will ask him if it's to do with an accident. If it is, surely it'll just keep appearing? If I get it removed and it comes back, I will know it's that.

Clio 182
Hi,
I had a dent removed using a dent devils guy in Reading, he did an awsome job would defo reccomend them! My mate tried removing his own dents all I can say is leave it to the pro's!

Rich :)

106 GTi
70-80 quid a panel is the going rate per panel for PDR. I had one removed from my old 306's roof and cost about the same.

I have the details of a guy in Swindon who maybe able to do a better price if you can take drive up. He has done and is doing work for other people on here.

Foolishly I had a go today lol. But couldn't get to it properly unless with a screwdriver, so didn't bother. Ended up losing the nut off the grab handle in the rear, now I need a new one of those. :rolleyes:

So will phone dent devils. My brother who is a body sprayer reckons he will just pull it out as it's more of an impression in the metal rather than a dent. He seems to think it could have been kids with a tennis ball by our house the other day. b******s.

It's annoying as it's so shallow, you can only see it if you catch the right light, but it's right infront of you when you get in the car, so can't help but look at it.

Hopefully it'll be less than £75, but until the bloke comes I won't know. I've took a pic, but haven't got my camera dock with me.

Rich, it'd cost me about £15 - £20 in fuel to and from Swindon, so probably be more cost effective to just let dent devils come to my home. Cheers anyway.

Spent hours today on the car, SRP then a coat of EGP and it's nice a shiny. Only 1 dent in the whole car :( .