ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LV buys aston martin

PMSL.
they are a quality group though...
funny if they do one that looks like Luda's nsx and truck in 2fast2furious! pmsl

truck.jpg

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i nearly did a sex wee looking at the bond car interior tbh. i cant really see LV doing much apart from plastering their logo all over anything thats leather...

They wont do a thing... just pump money in and reap the profits... they arent stupid enough to risk ruining the gentlemans image of Aston. Just cos they own it it doesnt mean they will brand it.

You dont see bottles of Moet covered in LV's do ya. lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL at this!

A consortium consiting of prodrive and some egyptians are buying it.
Expected to be announced today

Turbos.
Dave Richards and Co bought them eariler in the week.

Wonder how much AM cost...? Hope Bez stays in.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just over 500 million GBP

Bez will stay, ford retain some stake.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Highly likely.

Jenson wont be driving for them thats for sure.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
UPDATE

(If you bothered)

Press conference at 1 today, i have to dial in for work so i will keep you updated.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
£479 million

Dave richards, Ulrich bez and the egyptians own majority stake
Ford retain investment.

Ad

MK2 FRS
is interesting, richards seems to have his fingers in so many pies.... wouldnt surprised to see them buying cosworth engines and branding them as AM next season when they join F1.

Megane Trophy
Cosworth wont be in F1, I know a few guys there from the caterham side of things and they have sold a large majority of the f1 stuff machines, trucks, layed staff off.

I would say Prodrive will run in 2008 under the Mclaren B team banner

They certainly wont have there own car and engine.

Maybe a link with Newey somewhere?

Turbos.
Yes, they will be supported by McLaren. I got loads of gossip from Prodrive today! Also found out Ben Elliott is the Stig!

Richards has had arab investors for donkeys years, money was never an issue really.

Ad

MK2 FRS
i meant the intellectual rights, I am well aware that cosworth has sold off its most of its F1 operation. But the engine was quite well respected if a little unreliable last season.

There is a lot sceptcism that prodrive will make it to F1, and Carlin motorsport, is at the ready should it fall through. The Mclaren link has been there from the start, but there has been no confirmation and also they havent even started a recruitment drive either.

I also believe Newey is tied to red bull on a multi year contract. Bearing in mind that both teams will be running his 2007 designe this season.

Megane Trophy
i meant the intellectual rights, I am well aware that cosworth has sold off its most of its F1 operation. But the engine was quite well respected if a little unreliable last season.

There is a lot sceptcism that prodrive will make it to F1, and Carlin motorsport, is at the ready should it fall through. The Mclaren link has been there from the start, but there has been no confirmation and also they havent even started a recruitment drive either.

I also believe Newey is tied to red bull on a multi year contract. Bearing in mind that both teams will be running his 2007 designe this season.

Prodrive havent stepped up the gear yet for the F1 side of things as i assume the Aston Martin deal has a great amount to do with this. I expect over the next few months a team to be assembled with some of F1s greatest engineers getting involved. I know both teams are running his design this year and thats why i think prodrive will be using neweys 2007 mclaren as there car.

I admire Richards and he is one of my life long heroes, i have no doubt that he will do extremely well from this and grow the worlds largest motorsport company into one even larger!

williams 2 turbo
now that aston is so called british again, will they be like every other british company, and find all the switches they can from maestros and old rovers lob it in and make sure it doesnt start every time?

gotta love british craftmanship.