ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

m seal or EGP

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
whats better on a racing blue, every1 seems to use EGP,m seal seems ok to me?

106 GTi
Both look good- but EGP IMO is more durable than the M-seal. The Autoglym is proven to last the winter not seen any real tests or had a chance to test it myself. M-seal only lasted about a month here, but it was over a oily glaze base.

EGP is normally my winter sealant but I have gone for Jeffs Acylic Trigger this year.

I have customers who are getting 6 months durability on the M seal ,2 coats with 30 mins in between
It all depends on the base coat product and the wax used on top of the sealant

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i use XXX, it lasts about 2/3weeks then i start to c spots is that normal and how do u know how much a sealant last 4?

Anything from the fleet
Last weekend I applied EZ Glaze and then the M-Seal as Dave describes above, topped off with a coat of XXX. So far I am very impressed but obviously I have yet to test how durable it is.

i use XXX, it lasts about 2/3weeks then i start to c spots is that normal and how do u know how much a sealant last 4?

What are the spots?
The durability of the sealant in my opinion is the shine that is created ,the beading effect is better via a wax but as time goes by tree sap etc stick to the paint and that reduces the beeding effect.
A properly prepared car via sealant should keep a nice high gloss shine for at least 6 months as long as it is properly maintained in between

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
like water spots lol, i do about 600miles a week so 1200 miles since wax

The water spots could be caused by anything really but you will find that they will wash off very easily
I detailed my car in the 2nd week of July using the blitz spray sealant and 2 coats of the XXX and its still beeding ,only washed twice since :cool:

Having used M-Seal over the last 6-7 months I can vouch that durability isn't an issue, as David said 2 coats with about 30 mins between (this is just to even out the coating thickness more than anything) followed by a coat of good quality wax will last for ages.

I have clients that had their cars done just before the JAE, still beading water with little or no maintenance since doing them. However I would always recommend a top up coat of wax every 4 weeks, and if this is done after a proper wash (not using over strong shampoo) then the M-Seal won't actually be affected by the elements and can last even longer.

I can't comment on EGP as not used it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im happy with m seal just dont know when to top it up,