ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MAC codes

Decided I'm just going to switch internet providers because the one I'm currently with is rubbish. So I rang them requesting a MAC code so I can switch over hassle free. I was told it takes up to 5 days for a code to be generated and I'll receive it via an email.

Is that true it takes up to 5 days or are they just fobbing me off? I was under the impression they'd give you the code over the phone.

Lou

I think they have to say that but you will maybe find you get it in a couple of hours!

Well it's been abit longer than a couple of hours but we'll see. I'm not optimistic though after reading some of the stories I've read about AOL and giving out MAC codes. If I don't get one soon I'll just ring them up and cancel their service and do without the internet for a while until I can get a new one set up.

At 1st AOL was fine, was getting 4mbs (not brilliant but sufficient for what I need it for) AOL told me before my line is only capable of 0.5mbs :S and I've just done a speed test and got 0.9mbs. Pathetic :dead:

Lou

Well it's been abit longer than a couple of hours but we'll see. I'm not optimistic though after reading some of the stories I've read about AOL and giving out MAC codes. If I don't get one soon I'll just ring them up and cancel their service and do without the internet for a while until I can get a new one set up.

At 1st AOL was fine, was getting 4mbs (not brilliant but sufficient for what I need it for) AOL told me before my line is only capable of 0.5mbs :S and I've just done a speed test and got 0.9mbs. Pathetic :dead:

When I cancelled my AOL last month it only took a few hours for the MAC code to be emailed to me.

Any luck yet?

When I cancelled my AOL last month it only took a few hours for the MAC code to be emailed to me.

Any luck yet?

Nope, not yet but it was this Saturday I rang for it so perhaps with it being a non-working day has caused the delay? Anyway I'll give them the 5 working days they said and if it's a no show I'll be ringing them again and reminding them it's illegal not to provide me with one.