ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making an App

I've had an idea and I can't seem to find anything in the App store that is the same/similar.. So here comes the next part, making it..

I know it's going to be stupidly difficult and I'm going to need to buy a developer account, but before I do.. Any advice?

I can code, well I could. I made a few games when I was at college so I'm sure with a bit of effort I can give it a crack.

Is there any guides/tips/hints anywhere that will help me? I'm reluctant to release full details of my plan as of yet. I think theres a code sharing forum on MacRumors so will have a look on there

I'm sure Sneeks/Sn00p said they were in the process of creating something, can't remember which one of you said it :eek:

So yeh, anything you can tell me would be great or is it going to be a total pain, take months and then sink in the AppStore without a trace? :dapprove:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've had an idea and I can't seem to find anything in the App store that is the same/similar.. So here comes the next part, making it..

I know it's going to be stupidly difficult and I'm going to need to buy a developer account, but before I do.. Any advice?

I can code, well I could. I made a few games when I was at college so I'm sure with a bit of effort I can give it a crack.

Is there any guides/tips/hints anywhere that will help me? I'm reluctant to release full details of my plan as of yet. I think theres a code sharing forum on MacRumors so will have a look on there

I'm sure Sneeks/Sn00p said they were in the process of creating something, can't remember which one of you said it :eek:

So yeh, anything you can tell me would be great or is it going to be a total pain, take months and then sink in the AppStore without a trace? :dapprove:

1) You need OS X to develop on.

2) Sign up for the developer programm developer.apple.com/iphone - you can develop using the simulator for free (and learning) - you only need a paid account when you want to test on a real device and sell in the app store

There are loads of tutorials, examples in the developer site + loads of vids in iTunes that are accessible on there

Objective 'C' is the native language - it's nothing like C++, make sure you have a good grasp of 'C' first, objective 'C' is powerful and easy to learn if you know 'C'.

There are a ton of forums out there and like you say, macrumors and the like have forums where code help goes on, I don't bite either (unless asked or provoked!) so ask away if you need help!

First stumbling block! lol..

I'lll sign up and use my mates iMac! He'll love that!

Cheers for the tips. I'll PM you and see what you think :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I agree with sn00p, lots of help, tutorials and examples are available within the developer area once you signup for a account.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The beans are spilled.

It's an app to take a picture of a mint girl, and transform her into Britney, using an editor.

There's an option to add Kate's hoof as well, I think.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i thought it might be a peugeot based racing game called iCrash - Island Edition.