ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold pressure sensor.

Hi all this is my first post so be nice :).

Right my problem is this .. my service light has come on so i took my car to my friends garage to get a diagnostic test done.

This has revealed a fault which is the manifold pressure sensor i went to renault and bought a new one at a cost of £96.

I fitted it then took my car back to get it reset but its still coming up with the same fault as before.

My car is a 1.2 expression 16v 52 reg.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance

Kev.

Nothing major just when the car starts up its a bit sluggish for a minute.

Theres 3 lights on the dash the serv light and 2 others which when i have looked in the manual it says electrical fault.

Lionel Richie
describe the light??

airbag and serv lights are 99% always caused by the connector under the passenger seat (all clios do it, chop it off and put new bullet connectors on)

182 inside
big ££££££ as you might have to have it checked by renault or diagnose the sensor/wiring that is faulty

Heres a picture of the light and one of the sensor i changed,

light.gif

manifold.gif

Lionel Richie
yeah its the electronic fault light, needs to go onto a renault clip really

but i would say it more likley to be TDC sensor, Lambda or coil pack

yeah its the electronic fault light, needs to go onto a renault clip really

but i would say it more likley to be TDC sensor, Lambda or coil pack

Is this going to be expensive to repair? Would i be able to use second hand sensors i know a clio breakers not so far from me.

Lionel Richie
take it to a renault dealership and ask them to put it on the CLIP computer and to tell you whats wrong with it, otherwise you can throw hundreds at it and get nowhere

theres no solution if you don't know the problem

take it to a renault dealership and ask them to put it on the CLIP computer and to tell you whats wrong with it, otherwise you can throw hundreds at and get know where

theres no solution if you don't know the problem

Ok thanks i will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say i will let you know how i get on.

renault clio 1.2 16v
hi ive got the same problem on my 03 plate 1.2 16v clio but all i did was blow the map sensor out with an airline and the deleted the code with the scanner at work n its ok now.

172 cup'd extreme
Check the wiring going from the ECU at the back of the engine through the thick rubber casing. The wiring at the back of the engine is housed in a metal "cage" this is notorious for rubbing on the wires causing a short.