ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mer

Used to use it on me dads Laguna, but its hard work buffing it of and you about get blinded by all the dust that comes of whilst buffing and after all that hard work it only lasts about 3 weeks, I think its crap

106 GTi
Horrible on and off from what I remember when using it about 9 years ago.

They still make it then, much better out there for the cash then!

Clio Dynamique
This is what I got at the moment, note no mer!

Meguiars Gold Glass Shampoo at the moment but have used the Autoglym stuff in the past
Meguiars Scratch X
Meguiars Clay Bar (Unused!)
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

The car has been a little neglected, it’s been washed regularly but nothing else apart from one application of Wax. I’ve now used the Scratch X below the bump strips on both sides and just about removed all tar etc leaving a smooth finish protected with the NXT wax. Although the top half of the car isn’t smooth I’m not sure which polish to go with after using the clay bar? (Need to look through the posts for some tips on claying) Think I might get the Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Hopefully get some decent weather at the weekend!

106 GTi
I would wash the car.

Use some Autoglym Tar Remover on the tar off the car, and then clay.

After this the paintwork should all feel smooth.

Scratch X to the whole car by hand will be hard work but worth it. hen follow up thre Scratch X with a good mild polish like Autoglym Super Resin before you seal or wax.