ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missed calls.. annoying

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I couldn't find anything specific to this although I'm sure it has been brought up before.

I have an iPhone 4 with Orange and the fecking thing keeps sending me Missed Call Alerts. Some calls get through, some goto voicemail regardless of having signal or not.

Whats the diagnosis? My mate has the exact same problem too.

Orange or the Phone?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
When this happens are you connected to the GPRS data network rather than Edge or 3G?

If the phone is using data while connected to GPRS calls will go straight to voicemail, it's a limitation of GPRS, you can only do voice or data - not both at the same time.

Remember that the phone will be sending data over this in the background without you interacting, so you should expect this behaviour if you don't have a 3G signal.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
When this happens are you connected to the GPRS data network rather than Edge or 3G?

If the phone is using data while connected to GPRS calls will go straight to voicemail, it's a limitation of GPRS, you can only do voice or data - not both at the same time.

Remember that the phone will be sending data over this in the background without you interacting, so you should expect this behaviour if you don't have a 3G signal.

I don't know, I think it is when it's on 3G.

But maybe you're right.. However what about if I'm on my Wi-fi at home with signal for callsl? It does it then aswell.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Mine isn't jailbroken but my brothers is funnily enough, and hes had the same problems.

Think it's irrelevant.

I was considering unjailbreaking it to see if it resolved the issue. Maybe not now then.

I read somewhere about resetting your voicemail or something, but I think that is a load of b****cks though..

If I did unjailbreak the phone to see what happens, and the problem persists.. Can I take it back to Apple without them detecting that it has been jailbroken previously?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Or do I accidently misplace my phone and claim on insurance and hope that the replacement doesn't have the same issue..