ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire problem

Williams 2, 182 cup
The girlfriends mk2 1.6 16v is not running properly help please.

So far I have hooked up a diagnosis computer which states a missfire on cylinder 3.

Have changed the spark plugs, checked the wires are clipped on to the fuel injectors and have done a compression test on cylinder 2 and 3 showing no issues.

Removing the wire to coil packs on cylinder 2 or 3 while the engine is running makes it run even rougher. If the wire is removed from 1 or 4 the engine cuts out.

What do I do next? What could be wrong?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds like a faulty coil pack or at worst a failed injector.

Could also be a faulty HT Lead, i had this problem months ago, changed the spark plugs and coil pack and it was fine.

Is the engine management light illuminated per chance matey?

Williams 2, 182 cup
Are you refering to the orange engine shape light to the right of the clocks?

This has always been on due to the lamba sensor and the sports cat.

The light has always been on but since it started running funny the light will intermitantly flash instead of just staying lit.

Where is the best place for a replacement coil pack and what would it cost?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I use www.eurocarparts.com , mines cost £56, Renault will probaly want your right testicle no doubt lol

Yeah the light will flash, and it does sound like it is a coil pack although id check about the lamba sensor, that wont be helping anything.

Williams 2, 182 cup
I'll get them ordered tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for your help mate.