ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 Smoothed bumper help

clio 16v

what have you all done with the number plate lights? have you left them on, or changed them in some way? can you post up any pics that you have please.

Golf R/Leon FR

think he means rear bumper if its smoothed over hell loose the number plate light.

think youll have to relocate it some where depending on where you have the reg plate

clio 16v

yep phoenixy is right. if i was to smoothe the bumper completely, what would i do about lights on the number plate! so any of you that have done this please let me see what you have done!!

Golf R/Leon FR

my bro has done it but on his saxo vtr, he just stuck the plate back on the bumper without a light, but gets stopped by the police now and then, so id say get it put in to save yourself the hassle.

Golf R/Leon FR

yeah it is, i think they smooth it to get the euro look.

my bros vtr had the boot smoothed so he put the plate on the bumper.

[Edited by phoenixy on 28 July 2005 at 12:57pm]

2005 Impreza WRX STI

u just going to fibreglass it? id put the plate in the middle right at the bottom, then look for a motorbike lamp holder or a trailer one. will be easy to do

clio 16v

i havent a clue how i was gonna fill that big whole the number plate is in now. I have some fibre glass filler stuff that ill be playing with soon to see what i can do.

might just stick the rear plate in the rear window, and tell the lovely officers its in the process of getting fixed!!

6secs- back in bodyshop next week probably mate! ill send you some pics once its out

1.8 Civic EX

back in bodyshop?? what you having done now?? You could cover the hole somehow so it is hollow then have some sort of transparent back lit numberplate??!!

clio 16v

backlit?? sure thats not possible mate, cos its too thick plastic??
ill tx you ryan ;o) got a fiar bit being done this time (well again!)