ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 acceleration hesitation

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Coil going down, they also had problems with water getting into spark plug well number 3, causing intermittent power issues due to the coil/plug rusting up.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Coil going down, they also had problems with water getting into spark plug well number 3, causing intermittent power issues due to the coil/plug rusting up.

Mine does it a bit when cold but never when warmed up, its like described as a bit of a flat spot. You put your foot down and it doesn't really rev, then kicks in and accelerates. Is this just because it's a 1.2? Never really thought about it until this thread to be honest.

Bit of an update, last month I changed out all the spark plugs, checked for water as mentioned but dry as a bone and also changed out all pencil coils. My friend reported that the car drove a lot better, but the hesitation problem still remained.

He described that when accelerator pedal is flat to the floor nothing happens for a few seconds, no engine note change, and then the car picks up speed. I initially thought it might be the fly by wire in the pedal or throttle body.

He has taken it to the few friendly garages who have run diagnostic checks, but still nothing. The only thing they found was a worn wire that comes out of the fuse box under the battery, this was rubbing on the body work, so the wire has now been repaired, im still waiting for friend to update me to see if problem persists.