ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 locking / windows

Fiesta ST2
ok after talking to shorty_irl we seem to have a few differences in our locking system.. both 2008 mk3's mine a 1.2 tce shortys a 1.4

when i push the lock button of my keyfob the car 'single' locks.. when i push it twice the dead locks come on.. on shortys if he pushs it once the dead locks come on as if there is no 'single' lock and if he pushs it again it just cycles the locks.. is this a different setup, is there a way to change this or is one of our cars tanked?

also when shorty dead locks his car (pushing it once or twice) he can open the doors from the inside. when I dead lock my car (pushing it twice) I cannot open the doors from the inside using either the handles or the button but if i single lock the car I can open the doors using the handle or the button beside the hazard button again is this normal?

one other unrelated thing is if i start my car turn it off and take the key out of the ignition i can stil use the drivers window but not the passengers.. if i lock the car the window will not move on either side.. surly the drivers side window shouldnt open at all if the key isnt in the ignition?

all of these things happened before and after the crash and I got the car brand new from the dealer. if anyone can shed any light on this id be reallly greatful.

cheers folks

E30 318iS x2
Windows on both my clios and mums only work on drivers side with out the key.

WTF is single and dead lock?

White Sti Hatch
Shortys car isnt dead locking then if he can hopen the door from the inside its only single locking so id take it back to Reno !

When a cars dead locked the only way to open it is with the key, so you cant smash the window n open it from the inside you need to key fob.

The window works for around a min or so after youve stopped the car all them do it its not a fault or a problem its made like that the passengers side wont work

AK

M240i
Mines locks on one push and then dead locks on the second. Not sure about windows tho never tried..