ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT with De-Cat??????

Clio 172 Cup
Hello All,

I have a Clio 172 cup which i fitted the 182 manifold and a de-cat to old 172 exhaust pipe from K-tec. :cool:
This was a few years ago and i have always had a friend who was an emissions friendly mot tester, however i have now moved to Leeds and my friend has moved abroad!!!

Does anyone know of any mot testers in the Leeds area who may (for a small fee possibly) be let us say sympathetic to my cause????​

330i. E30 Touring.
Tell the garage it's had an engine change and you're not sure what engine the car's come from.

You'll get an advisory saying engine of unknown origin fitted. Bob's your uncle- no emissions test.

ITB'd MK1
Tell the garage it's had an engine change and you're not sure what engine the car's come from.

You'll get an advisory saying engine of unknown origin fitted. Bob's your uncle- no emissions test.

My car goes through on that, it genuinely is a conversion though

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Lol u posted this the other day and it got locked. So expect it again lol u can't expect anyone to tell u a garage that would do that openly on a forum lol just put the cat back on, get it mot'd then take it off again

Mk5 golf gti
your on a 182 manifold so get underneath and swap the decat for the cat

easy peasy

Clio 172 Cup
Not quite as simple as just changing it back over unfortunately, the 182 manifold doesnt connect straight to my old 172 cat and the rest of the exhaust!

Luckily though my old friendly MOT tester raised his head from beyond the grave so have managed to get it passed again now. Just took me a drive to Coventry to get it done lol

Thanks for the tips anyway folks :)