ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Dad's new toy.....

Astra CDTI SRI
.. A 1927 Model A ford.

He got it imported from the states in march and brought it down at the weekend to show me.

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

Its got a 3.3 litre straight 4 engine, that produces a massive 42bhp!

Astra CDTI SRI
can i ask how much?

About £6500 all in. That included the car approx £4000 for the car and the rest was shipping / import costs.

Considering that my dad looked in this country for one and they were over £10000 for a shite one, its not a bad saving.

The car is in mint condition, apart from where the numpties as the ferry port bent the front bumper when the were towing it off the ferry! But even that is just a little bend, nowt major.

I think he's going to start importing them and selling them on.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
NEAT!! I Love old cars, if he upgrades the brakes he might bend the spokes if they work too well :rasp:

Where you going to get petrol for that ? you cant run them on 96 unleaded unless its had the valve seats hardened.

RB 200 Cup!
i think if i sat in that i would have to say "Play it again sam!" and other such 1920's gansta b****cks talk

Astra CDTI SRI
NEAT!! I Love old cars, if he upgrades the brakes he might bend the spokes if they work too well :rasp:

Where you going to get petrol for that ? you cant run them on 96 unleaded unless its had the valve seats hardened.

I'm not sure if its already had the seats hardened or if its a lead subsitute he's using.

I think he's driven it abut 3 times since getting it as he works away from home during the week.

Turbos.
That is a bargain price for a piece of automotive history. Do you know how many were made and how many are left?

Astra CDTI SRI
That is a bargain price for a piece of automotive history. Do you know how many were made and how many are left?

No mate, havent got a clue, but I think there are still a few in the states.

The bloke he got it had 2 more I think, but they were both spoken for, so to speak.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
awesome. looks well cool!

how quick does it go then? i guess the dual carriaheways/motorways are a bit of a no go area?

Astra CDTI SRI
awesome. looks well cool!

how quick does it go then? i guess the dual carriaheways/motorways are a bit of a no go area?

Dual carrigeways are fine. I think he has had 60 - 70 ish out of it, but it can be a bit scary!

The seats have old fashioned springs in them and with it having no seatbelts, you bounce around all over the place! I was holding on to the door and the dash board and we were only going about 30 mph round the block!

Turbos.
Nice Jag.

Just reading up on the Model T, they made 15 million Model Ts! They were built under license until 1941. Do you know what year your dad's is?

Check out the very first ones...

TModel_launch_Geelong.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i love old school stuff like this^^

i have always liked:

[IMGO]http://www.vicarage-jaguar.com/e-type_4.jpg[/IMGO]

Turbos.
i love old school stuff like this^^

i have always liked:

[imgo]http://www.vicarage-jaguar.com/e-type_4.jpg[/imgo]

Yep, i'd probably get an Eagle E-Type Lightweight for my millionaire's garage.

http://www.eaglegb.com/view/98/

I do love older cars, when i get a garage i definely want one as a weekend car. Probably a VW T3 Karmann Ghia or an old Alfa Guilia Sprint.

Astra CDTI SRI
Mint, had no idea it would be that cheap. What is the deal with MOTs and the like on these things?!

I think it depends on how much knowledge of old cars the MOT center has.

For example, when testing the breaks on the Model A, the bloke said that because of the age, as long as the car stopped, he would pass it. :)

Again, because of its age, the lack of seatbelts and indicators weren't a problem.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks stunning, esp for its age! What's insurance like? I know it'll be classic car insurance lol but no seatbelts! Surely that's just asking for injury damage in the event of an accident??