ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first attempt at Macro Photography

Yaris
DSCN2910.jpg

DSCN2914.jpg

DSCN2948.jpg

DSCN2951.jpg

DSCN2952.jpg

DSCN2956.jpg

DSCN2957.jpg

DSCN2968.jpg

DSCN2973.jpg

DSCN2974.jpg

DSCN2983.jpg

Comments Welcome :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks good! Macro pics are the only ones i'm good at.

Yaris
Thanks for the comments,

Which Camera and Lens? Been waiting for someone to ask that cos it's just a little Nikon Coolpix P2 :)
P10395832a.jpg

In a few years I will move up to a Nikon DSLR most likely

Very little post processing done, all in iPhoto 08' but just some slight exposure and level tweaking, plus a little edge blue on one or two.

Great stuff, seem to be getting the best out of your equipment, and your composition is spot on. I imagine you will find the transition to a DSLR pretty painless as you seem to have the basic skills sorted.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thanks for the comments,

Which Camera and Lens? Been waiting for someone to ask that cos it's just a little Nikon Coolpix P2 :)
P10395832a.jpg

In a few years I will move up to a Nikon DSLR most likely

Very little post processing done, all in iPhoto 08' but just some slight exposure and level tweaking, plus a little edge blue on one or two.
in that case, well done, excellent shots, some good processing too.

I've not really tried any macro as i don't have a macro lens, but if i did i would want them to look like that.

I've not really tried any macro as i don't have a macro lens, but if i did i would want them to look like that.

If you want a relatively cheap (about £15) way of giving it a go, just get a Close Up filter for your kit lens. If nothing else it will teach you the basics of macro photography and give you an idea if you enjoy it or not. I've put a few examples in my Lulworth Cove thread.