ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first day shooting

Had the D60 for a week now, i had a play about at home but decided to go out yesterday and get some shots...

DSC_0186.gif

DSC_0189.gif

DSC_0204.gif

DSC_0222.gif

luke.gif

DSC_0160.gif

DSC_0128.gif

C+C welcome

Ian

Focus TDCi
They look very promising. :) I'll give you a little feedback, as I'm avoiding doing work lol.

When you're taking photos of cars be sure to think about its placement, as anything 'growing' out of it can really detract from the photo. So for example the white door in #4 looks a bit odd. Also, I guess that's you in the background of a couple of them? I can't decide if that works, or if it's distracting! The angles are a bit too extreme for me, too.

I like the flower shot, perhaps a little bit out of focus, keep an eye on how close you are to it and bear in mind the shortest distance at which your lens can focus.

The fence post is a nice study in DoF, works well. The blown sky is maybe a bit off-putting.

To help cut down reflections on the car and to bring some colour back into the sky you might want to think about getting a circular polariser or graduated filter, they can be very useful.

Hope what I've said is helpful, its a good first set and I look forward to seeing what else you get up to.. it's an addictive hobby!

Thanks for the advice Ian, will keep it all in mind.

Its my mate and his car in the pics. Its got a 2ltr mondeo engine in it!