ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first pictures off of Auto :D

Flame Red Delight
There not very great, but its a starting point and i am looking for some advice on where i can improve etc. At the moment i am using a D70s with just the standard 18-55mm vr dx lense. Looking for some advice on what lense would be a suitable upgrade also.

Thanks again

Callum

DSC_3947.gif

DSC_3952.gif

DSC_3956.gif

I know this one is quite dark but dunno i like something about it:
DSC_3960.gif

DSC_3962.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't know Dougie saunders who plays at Harburn Callum?

Go and take some out doors pictures, Maybe on a tripod with longer shutter speeds etc?

Experiment with light maybe?

Pics are alright but not very exciting.

Flame Red Delight
i am waiting till tonight then i am off to the forth road bridge to try and get some decent night photos fingers crossed :D

Find an interesting subjects... or at least ways to make the photographs you are taking interesting. With every day objects maybe do extreme close ups etc so you cant tell easily what it is.

Flame Red Delight
i thought the outside light would have been interesting but i feel the background being darker and the light being much more brighter and illumionious would have been better but that would have needed to have been done via photoshop yes?

Titanium 182
how would i have done that though? would that have been with autofocus turned off?

Depends on the camera, you could use auto single focus (SF) focus on the background then aim at the light and the cam will stay focused on the background. If you use constant focus (CF) then it will refocus once you aim it at the light again. Or you could use manual focus to do it which is probably better.

Titanium 182
:rasp:

Bare in mind the horizon might be too far away for you to focus on etc etc. It was just an example of how you could maybe improve one of those pictures...

Flame Red Delight
:rasp:

Bare in mind the horizon might be too far away for you to focus on etc etc. It was just an example of how you could maybe improve one of those pictures...

Thanks mate ill have a muck about just cant seem to do anything any good :(

Flame Red Delight
yea already read the manual like 3 times lol it all seems pretty simple untill u put it into practice lol