ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
After looking at a few, bought this a few weeks ago. Cleaned it VERY quickly today, so it won't be up to the detailing peoples standards.

I'm all about the 80 mile commute, so comfort was the order fo the day.

05 Mondeo TDCI 130.

P1030315.gif

P1030317.gif

P1030318.gif

P1030320.gif

P1030319.gif

The mahogony dash its are a bit naff, but other than that, very comfortable place to spend an hour a day, full leather, climate control, cruise etc etc. I need to get the phone thing changed over to a blue tooth one, because I can't get a cradle for my K850I.

And the best bit, more than powerful enough and does 55MPG.

On 80K with full Ford SH, so keep changing the oil and regular servicing and hope for another 80K.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
comfy good cruiser. shame the 80k has taken a bit of a toll on the leather.

still nicely spec'd the old ghia x and good for mway bashing.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
comfy good cruiser. shame the 80k has taken a bit of a toll on the leather.

still nicely spec'd the old ghia x and good for mway bashing.

Yeah, but that was by far the best of the bunch for the leather, obviously Ford don't have the best leather in the world.

Have heard that some where might be able to re-pad and re-trim the seat for about £100, so might have to pop and see them when it is paid off.

It's great for sitting on the m-way, jut stick the cruise control on, and relax for 200 miles. Drove it from Notts to Bristol yesterday morning, barely any traffic, and it was great.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
aye plus 80k is a lot of 'ass' on the seat. Iv seen worse on R32s mate, so i wouldnt worry about it.

right colour and right spec imo. Will be good for bags of miles and the 130lump is a good cruiser, if a little vocal when pushed/ rushed.

all about good mpg and cruising, so an ideal shout

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Hard to get excited about I know, but does exactly what I need it to for the next year, so after that, I can look at getting something completely impractical and horribly uncomfortable that goes so much faster than I could possibly ever need it to.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
may not be too exciting i agree, but 50mpg and comfort all good if you ask me.

plus plenty of toys, 130 lump isnt too bad turn of pace either.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
may not be too exciting i agree, but 50mpg and comfort all good if you ask me.

plus plenty of toys, 130 lump isnt too bad turn of pace either.

Is actually pretty nippy, and in 3rd gear is more than capable of overtaking anything I need to over the peaks.

Off to Ford tomorrow for some mats. Velour FTW, lol. Shame they're £45.

Does anyone know the recomended service intervals?

I know what it has been serviced at, but just can't seem to find what it recomends in the book anywhere.