ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Rig - Pt. 1

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well I figured I ought to put a couple of pics and a spec up as people are probably starting to question where I get my opinions from...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

It's made up of the following:
3x120mm fan Radiator, with an Alphacool NexXxoS HP Pro waterblock (hand lapped) and Eheim 600 reservoir/pump in a Coolermaster Stacker with the Crossflow fan.
eVGA nForce 680i motherboard, nVidia reference design. Chipset cooler fitted.
eVGA 8800GTX Superclocked ACS3 KO edition - have the funds for a second but it's laughing at 1080p resolution as it is, so I've left it for the time being - maybe next month!
AMCC/3Ware 9650SE-8LPML 8-Port SATA-II RAID controller w/256Mb cache and RAID 6 support
Pinnacle MovieStudio Plus PCI
Enermax Galaxy 1kw PSU
All important parts:
4Gb OCZ Reaper PC-8500
Q6600 Core2 processor (hand lapped) G0 stepping

It's clocked and stable at 3.6Ghz, all four cores lower than 45 degrees with 4x7200rpm drives in a RAID0 config at the moment. These are in as it's being loaned - next week it gets 4x10000rpm 36Gb Raptors in for the system and program array (RAID0 again) and then 4x7200 80Gb drives for a RAID5 temporary working area before any finished work is moved to NAS and backed up. I'm also waiting for the release of the ASUS Xonar D2X as I'm short of PCI slots for the PCI version.

It's running Server 2003 at the moment, using STORport drivers, and will be running Vista when it's returned to me (again using STORport) as this gives me a huge boost in performance of the RAID arrays. XP 32-bit only supports SCSIport.

Any questions or suggestions, I'm open!

That looks quite funky, i've no idea what all that shizz does though as i'm not that good with computers.

naples valver
that looks awsome, how much did that cost to build if u dont mind me asking? and can u build me my next comp lol :rasp:

M2 Competition
Whats the funky green looking stuff? The water cooling?

Ive always wondered, what is it that computers like that can do that normal ones cant? Do you actually need all that stuff?

Better than yours. C*nt.
that looks awsome, how much did that cost to build if u dont mind me asking? and can u build me my next comp lol :rasp:

That little lot with all the disks etc would set you back in the region of £2k. Thank god for limited companies!

And yes, I can build your next computer - for a very reasonable fee I don't mind doing this sort of thing. Couple of notes on top of hardware cost (prefer that you supply it and drop it off)

Even get cases powdercoated etc, however one of the last bits of this to arrive was the case so it was a bit short of time for that this time - maybe in a couple of weeks!

3DMark scores IIRC are around the 21k mark - however not got it on latest build as its going on a corporate network.

FEAR framerates at highest quality are over 100... :star:

Better than yours. C*nt.
Edit - that was clocked much higher than it is now when I got that score - I just wanted to see how far it went. I've relaxed it a bit in the hope that I'll get bits lasting a fair amount of time, for the sake of 1000 3DMarks or whatever.

Revels Mum & Sister
Whats it going to be doing on a corporate network. Tis a beast fella. Very nice.

I miss my watercooling setup. Was only a Waterchil kit with th triple rad. Effective none the less. 3.4GHZ I reckon you could easily push it further than that but I guess if it doesnt really need it then it doesnt matter

Amen for Ltd companies and getting the VAT back ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i will 3DMark mine when it is up and running :)

might buy another gb of RAM today too!

i love Ltd companies

Better than yours. C*nt.
Whats it going to be doing on a corporate network.

The most powerful machine in our server room at work runs 2 2.8Ghz Xeons on Win2000, and one of our application developers have suggested that system performance is causing problems for the database rebuild times.

So they've asked me nicely if they can buy me a few bits in return for proving the developers wrong! :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I have absolutely no idea what all that means but looks and sounds impressive!

All that just to use MS Word though fella...;)

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Hmmm but can it cook?

I was excited when i got my new laptop (from work) 2Ghz dual core, 4GB, then I thought....what the fook am i gonna do with a beast like this? answer, nothing exciting haha