ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Photos

435D X-Drive
Hi I have always had an interest in photography and just wanted some feedback on some I have taken in the past, hopefully some of you can help me.
I have been using a fujifilm bridge camera and will be upgrading to a dslr soon hopefully anyway here are some of my favourites.

559995_139484772843842_100003469613041_152410_1654377779_n.jpg

539644_139485059510480_100003469613041_152416_500186840_n.jpg

558806_139484369510549_100003469613041_152404_319995818_n.jpg

563563_139484162843903_100003469613041_152402_229656422_n.jpg

533274_139483772843942_100003469613041_152397_1824664319_n.jpg

557331_139482169510769_100003469613041_152380_1432292168_n.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
You certainly have an eye for a composition mate and they are all pleasing on the eye.

What I will say is that you may find taking the jump to DSLR tough as you have to do the work in regards to the settings, rather than the camera.

I can't really give you any critique as all your images are so different. I prefer your bw images to the landscape though.

435D X-Drive
Thanks for that, I know going to a DSLR will be more challenging as I have had a little experience with them.

The main reason is that my currrent camera is very limited, I like to use long exposure at night and the maximum on mine is 30 seconds.

I am undecided on what camera I should go for but I will come to that in the near future.

Thanks

Adam

2.2 bar shed.
Gonna be harsh and blunt here, but you asked for comments.

Ditch the selective colour, it looks tacky as can be. Learn to use a histogram, you've got highlights and shadows but no actual content in 1 3 and 4. Composition in 6 7 8 9 and 10 are all a bit dull and uninteresting imo, nothing really does it for me in any of the photos. Just look like photoshoped snapshots imo rather than photos.

435D X-Drive
Gonna be harsh and blunt here, but you asked for comments.

Ditch the selective colour, it looks tacky as can be. Learn to use a histogram, you've got highlights and shadows but no actual content in 1 3 and 4. Composition in 6 7 8 9 and 10 are all a bit dull and uninteresting imo, nothing really does it for me in any of the photos. Just look like photoshoped snapshots imo rather than photos.

Thanks mate,

I know I am no pro but I am trying, I have tried to use the histogram but I am a bit uncertain on where I should be aiming.
You say the composition is a bit dull could you elaborate on this please and how could I improve on them.

I did say I want comments and I appreciate any given weather they are positive or negative.

I need to learn thanks

Hi Adam

Heres my take

#1 - The composition with the sun in the middle doesn't especially work, its too bright has caused a large 'blown' area into the picture causing the rest to underexpose badly. Whilst this sort of picture can make a nice silhouette type image, there is too much dark area for this to work imo.

#2 - probably as good as this sort of photograph will get, it doesn't make me want to hang it on my wall but in all honesty I don't think I could improve on it bar to move the focus point slightly

#3 - Lop 2 inches off the bottom and as SamP says its too dark, although you don't need a histogram to tell you that. try raising the fill light levels and clone out the plastic bin or next time you fire the shutter say to yourself 'content aware' ;)

#4 - I like this the most, has a lot of potential but if you had waited 30 minutes the sunset may have filled the sky and reflected lake with colour - lost potential

#5 - Foreground is a bit cluttered with tops of trees, bushes and street lamps and no real focal point in the image.

#6 - Really nice, not sure how sharp the swans head is and being picky would like to see more 'eye'

#7 - Could just be a phone snap - sorry!:eek:

#8 - Selective colouring is a little last century but this is a good example. Maybe think of a different way to highlight lines and curves in the pic? Composition is great.

#9 - Not sharp, unsure if you have chosen the correct metal part to focus on, overall I don't like the composition and lightings too flat to have any wow factor.

#10 - Again this would work better in colour than selective colour. Also the main flower head which is in focus isn't well placed compositionally - see rule of thirds.

435D X-Drive
Hi Adam

Heres my take

#1 - The composition with the sun in the middle doesn't especially work, its too bright has caused a large 'blown' area into the picture causing the rest to underexpose badly. Whilst this sort of picture can make a nice silhouette type image, there is too much dark area for this to work imo.

#2 - probably as good as this sort of photograph will get, it doesn't make me want to hang it on my wall but in all honesty I don't think I could improve on it bar to move the focus point slightly

#3 - Lop 2 inches off the bottom and as SamP says its too dark, although you don't need a histogram to tell you that. try raising the fill light levels and clone out the plastic bin or next time you fire the shutter say to yourself 'content aware' ;)

#4 - I like this the most, has a lot of potential but if you had waited 30 minutes the sunset may have filled the sky and reflected lake with colour - lost potential

#5 - Foreground is a bit cluttered with tops of trees, bushes and street lamps and no real focal point in the image.

#6 - Really nice, not sure how sharp the swans head is and being picky would like to see more 'eye'

#7 - Could just be a phone snap - sorry!:eek:

#8 - Selective colouring is a little last century but this is a good example. Maybe think of a different way to highlight lines and curves in the pic? Composition is great.

#9 - Not sharp, unsure if you have chosen the correct metal part to focus on, overall I don't like the composition and lightings too flat to have any wow factor.

#10 - Again this would work better in colour than selective colour. Also the main flower head which is in focus isn't well placed compositionally - see rule of thirds.

Thanks alot for them comments they are a great help If i get some more pics up would you mind giving me your opinions on them thanks alot and I shall try to bear in mind what you have said next time I am shooting some pics.