ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My second car - Pulsar GTI R

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Was talking about these just a couple of days ago. Mad that Nissan have kept out of hot-hatch market in the last couple of decades or so. These are soo good!

Considering they've had a hook up with Renault for ages, why not raid the communal parts bin and make something fun?

The Micra and Pulsar both use the same platform as the Clio, the Pulsar even fits the 1.6 MR engine. They had all the bits there, they just couldn't be bothered to do anything interesting with them.

The Pulsar got canned due to low interest, the Micra didn't fair much better and got pulled recently. I don't know why these companies are surprised that when they make boring cars, no-one wants to buy them??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The problem is that hot versions only a contract for a low % of sales so when you can only sell a handful of crap hatchbacks a year anyway selling a hot one becomes even harder. Nissan did of course tease us with a really good looking nismo pulsar back in 2014.
nissan-pulsar-nismo-front-side-0-304940.jpg
nissan-pulsar-nismo-back-side-paris-motor-show-2014-1-50612.jpg

As if that wouldn't have sold well in some markets.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The problem is that hot versions only a contract for a low % of sales so when you can only sell a handful of crap hatchbacks a year anyway selling a hot one becomes even harder. Nissan did of course tease us with a really good looking nismo pulsar back in 2014.

It generates the interest in the brand/model to drive the sales of the more mundane versions though, and if they're clever like Ford and Renault they put the more sporty styling of these hot versions onto the regular models and generally sell those by the truck load.

but if you're not making those hot versions in the first place, you've got nothing.

Look how bland their model line-up is now, it reminds me very much of what Mitsubishi did a few years back. That was a spectacular mistake.

nis.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It generates the interest in the brand/model to drive the sales of the more mundane versions though, and if they're clever like Ford and Renault they put the more sporty styling of these hot versions onto the regular models and generally sell those by the truck load.

but if you're not making those hot versions in the first place, you've got nothing.

Look how bland their model line-up is now, it reminds me very much of what Mitsubishi did a few years back. That was a spectacular mistake.

View attachment 1654571
Yeah that's not very inspiring is it. And then they have the GTR as some weird mad relative😂. Toyota's line up looked similarly white goods derived a few years ago and look at them now, nismo need to stop applying red highlights and inject some passion into nissan before the brand dissapears down the (electric) plughole.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1654571
Jesus that pic is tragic!!