ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N82 nearly sent me to destruction!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love my N82, have done since day one and didn't think anything could piss me off about it but today I was ready to smash the thing to pieces!

The Wifi keeps logging onto access points i have used (i.e. work and home) whenever i am around them and if i end the connection it just reconnects again, i have to delete it to stop it doing it but i can't do that until i am far enough away for it not to be able to see it still.

My battery hasn't even been lasting a day with this wifi thing happening so i needed to sort it.

Anyway, today I was at Dell and needed a wifi ap to get my email and i logged onto one open one and got nothing so then saw this one called 'Free Public Wifi', great i thought, that should do the trick, again nothing. But then it wouldn't leave the conneciton, if i disconnected it just kept logging on, to the point where my phone died a couple of hours later.

So i get home and think, i'll charge it, then delete the AP (it can't still show as i'm 30 miles away) but there it was again, full strength, so i think WTF, how can that be, try for ages to get rid of it changing every setting possible!

SO I thought, right, i'll have you litle fucker, so i got in the car and drove to the middle of nowhere, and guess what, still a bloody connection, did a search for Wifi and it showed no available ap's but this public thing was still connected and when i tried to disconnect it it came straight back again.

In the end i drove home, parked up and it was hammering it down with rain so i thought i would have one last go before going back to factory settings.

I disconnected and before it had a chance to reconnect i clicked settings and messed around with them so that it wouldn't work. Luckily then i was able to disconnect once it connected and had enough time to delete the ap, and thankfully its not come back.

No idea what the hell it was but i am just glad i have got rid of it!

So i'm back to liking the phone but the wifi thing still annoys me, no idea why its constantly connecting to wifi, just can't seem to find a setting to stop it doing it!

dk

911 GTS Cab
its an orange so has their 'orange' version of the software.

bit reluctant to change from that as i prefer the way it works over the vanilla.

i was thinking it could be some sort of virus or something.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
I often see that "free public wifi" appearing on my laptop so don't think it's just your phone mate.