ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NASCAR is back. Starting as they mean to go on..

Car hit catch fence, left its front end through the catchfence with the spectators. No currently reported serious injuries to drivers or spectators.

Last edited by a moderator:
15 spectators injured and transferred to hospital, one with serious head injury, so may be best not to post Final Destination clips now.

Disastra Coupe
It's not just turning left though, really, is it.... The whole cars squirming like f**k as they're going round lol.

No it's not all about turning left. NASCAR is about statagy anyway, however travelling at over 200mph the wind/ air plays a huge role when another car gets close which is why the cars get loose and go into a spin. It doesn't beat Montoya crash last year at Daytom though IMO

Schma Schme 1.6l
nothing is easy about nascar!

nascar is probably one of the hardest disciplines in circuit racing, the amount of effort to control the cars at the speeds and the constant none stop close racing isn't simple a all, then you have the stratagy of it all, that comes from a great crew chief.

Jaun Pablo Montoya said that in his first race of Sprint cup he made more passes than his entire F1 career....in last years Daytona 500 there was more than 1000 pass's made!

Ok, its not like back in the days of no AC or Power Steering like when the late great Tim Richmond and Dale Earnhart used to go toe to toe every weekend.

The european nascar champion went to states last year (the prize for winning the championship) and felt he had a good chance of doing well in the main event in the nationwide series (the feeder series to sprint cup, 650hp cars not 850hp) he didn't even qualify for the main event, more than a second off the minimum pace.

big circuits like daytona are slightly easier circuits to drive than others, but look at circuits like Pocano or Bristol, tight 1 mile ovals.....38 cars....850hp each....and tell me that would be easy!

i'm looking forward to the season, got my subscription paid for the season. and also got my tickets for the firecracker 400 at daytona in july. whoop whoop!