ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly ready for the track

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its bolted into the old full length sunroof holes. (ideal as they run all the way round the hole.

the old sunroof weighed quite a bit, the perspex is very strong its actually a sheet of lexan (sp)

Fitted 806 brakes today and dropped the back down.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ive tried to remove everything i can, most of the weight i have left to bin is in the injection system and the fueltank.

Manual rack is going in too, and i have a lighter alternator as the one i have is shagged.

Track cars are so fun..

Want a bit of perspex bolted to roof? Just do it.. how quality.. hehe.

I know a few people who are getting 205s as Track cars now..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If it wasnt for the blown (up, dont get excited) mi16 that i spent a shed load on this would have cost me less than £500.

Mental car, goes like stink.

tiTTy & SV650

mi16 is pretty gutless to be honest but will improve straight line speed which is where gtis lack, still loved mine. Nothing handles like em

tiTTy & SV650

itll be non cat, its phase 1 (orange front indicators) my 91 J was non-cat even

[Edited by rory182 on 22 May 2005 at 10:11am]

Remapped derv Golf

Wasnt keen on the CAT version my cos (JONGSR4) had (L reg) - wasnt much quicker than his pervious 1.6 (F reg).

I also found the gears a little long.

Remapped derv Golf

Non sunroof versions are the ones to nab for trackday cars but I dont think there are any 1.9s without sunroofs

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Tbh £200 is my max hit. i know thats not very much but i have no cash.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 22 May 2005
its on 1.9 power. the mi16 had issues.

pop goes the weasel ;-)

:-(((((

/y0z