ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help PS3 just packed up!

PH1 iceburg
f**king PS3 has just packed while half way through watching a blu ray. It is not reading any disc now.

Tried re setiing it but nothing, even turned it off for 15 mins but when i turn it on it comes up with the PS menu screen.

Any ideas?

Dan

Clio 182FF
Any error messages or is it just not reading the disc?

I also had a PS3 die (as in not fire up) the day I got it. Their helpline told me to take of the hard drive and reattach it as sometimes this can be a problem. Try that?

In the end, I had to take it back and exchange it as it just wouldn't turn on.

Might be time to get a new PS3 slim when it comes out ;)

PH1 iceburg
Ha got an xbox but was watching blu ray on it.

No error messages, nothing.

I will just have to try customer services in the morning.

Cheers homos

PH1 iceburg
It official it fcuked. Spoke to playstation and they havent heard of it before (yeah right). Have to pay £99 repair or replacement service.

Watch the xbox get the red ring of death next FFs

Octy VRS
That is complete b****cks mate. It is a well known fault for them to stop reading disks. They exchanged mine because of it.....

What kind is it, how old etc?

Octy VRS
Complete crap. They have been swapping out on units up to 18 months old. Did they log it and take your serial? If not I'd give them a call back, sounds like you got a c0ck.

Fiesta ST-2
It official it fcuked. Spoke to playstation and they havent heard of it before (yeah right). Have to pay £99 repair or replacement service.

Watch the xbox get the red ring of death next FFs

Bullshit! This happened to mine. I've had three PS3's go on me all covered under warranty though, otherwise I would convert to the dark side...

Megane 230 F1
My PS3 stopped playing BDs / DVDs last week - but I found a 'recovery' menu.. used the option to rebuild the FS and it worked a treat...

Turn PS3 off
Hold down power button (keep holding)... it will come on and then go off again. Let go
Hold down power button again and it should been a few more times and come up with a menu.
Select the option to rebuild the FS..

Jim.

Fiesta ST-2
My PS3 stopped playing BDs / DVDs last week - but I found a 'recovery' menu.. used the option to rebuild the FS and it worked a treat...

Turn PS3 off
Hold down power button (keep holding)... it will come on and then go off again. Let go
Hold down power button again and it should been a few more times and come up with a menu.
Select the option to rebuild the FS..

Jim.

Must be something added in a recentish firmware update before holding it down used to do a sort of master reset. That didn't work for me.