ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need to get myself a bike

Renaultsport Clio 197
beautiful day... couple of friends hoped on their bikes so we went driving just for the fun of it.
Me in the clio felt ..sad and slow... with them buzzing on their KTM's and GSXR's , going around me like I was standing still.
They also sound amazing (even without Akrapovich exhausts).

i was thinking about getting a bike next summer but as I've never driven anything on two wheels except a 125cc peugeot speedfight scooter, don't know if I should hop on a 600+ cc bike instantly.
Don't want any R1s, suzukis, hayabusas or anything.
Probably a KTM, or some 'cafe-racer' if that's the right term. Don't like the bikes where I have to lie down lol

anyway, a few quick snaps

210220091184.jpg

210220091183.jpg

210220091182.jpg

210220091181.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 197
from burnouts maybe? :)

anyway, anyone where who owns a bike - anyone jumped straight to a 'big' bike and learning how to drive (improving) slowly ?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the point the other user is making is not a lot of the tread is used on the bike, so it isn't being ridden that hard so to speak.

Renaultsport Clio 197
the point the other user is making is not a lot of the tread is used on the bike, so it isn't being ridden that hard so to speak.

yeah, i got that now.Well he bought the suzuki a month ago with those tyres so it'll be the 'credits due' to the previous owner.
:)
And he's still learning

106 GTI
jumping onto a 600cc so long as your experienced with gears is fairly easy, twist the throttle and and it wont try to throw you off the back like a 1000cc would from power wheelies.

The bike will only go as fast as you twist the throttle so sensible head and youl be fine

MCS R56
Power Rangers!

You should get a bike asap! As above, the 600's need some encouragement to get going - not a lot though! I went out on my mate's Monster and that was mental. V twins are just scary. Lots of power from down low and throughout - not advisable on slippy roads with novice drivers!