ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Needing some help c max 1.6tdci injector.

182 clio
hi problem is had a leaky injector so replaced seals it started the cut out and now no fuel pressure at high pressure pipes.

No fault code found with basic obd tool.

It's like a cut off switch has activated no pressure at any pipe.

I have been checking to see if the was any information about it but can't find any

Did you bleed through after replacing the seals? Crack the nut from the metal fuel rail pipe that you replaced the injector from and give it very short cranks on the ignition until diesel starts to come through and then tighten back up.

182 clio
Did you bleed through after replacing the seals? Crack the nut from the metal fuel rail pipe that you replaced the injector from and give it very short cranks on the ignition until diesel starts to come through and then tighten back up.
It's not coming out any of the pipes check that.
Left it over night with no injector while I cleaned then it started raining so covered it up and refitted this morning as I said it started then about 10 seconds later cut out. No fuel coming from any pipes.
It's like a cut off switch is activated.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
When you depressurised the system the lines will have emptied and the high pressure pump will now be sucking just air. Dont keep cranking away unless you want to replace that too

You need to bleed the system properly and purge the air out between the tank and the high pressure pump

182 clio
is there an easy way Kyle tried disconnecting fuel lines and spinning but no luck.
Thanks for replying guys

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
In short. You're s**t out of luck!

The 1.6 TDCI/HDI engine doesn't have a priming bulb like the 1.4 and 1.8, unless you're stupid lucky and someone has put one on there. You'll need to buy a fuel priming bulb and pump diesel through the system. Sitting their cranking it will only flatten the battery and ruin the high pressure pump mate

You can buy the priming bulbs for about a tenner

182 clio
In short. You're s**t out of luck!

The 1.6 TDCI/HDI engine doesn't have a priming bulb like the 1.4 and 1.8, unless you're stupid lucky and someone has put one on there. You'll need to buy a fuel priming bulb and pump diesel through the system. Sitting their cranking it will only flatten the battery and ruin the high pressure pump mate

You can buy the priming bulbs for about a tenner
Wouldn't know where to fit not that clued up on diesel on c max

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't know where to fit not that clued up on diesel on c max
Try cracking the the bleed screw on top of the fuel filter. If it doesn't start to push fuel out with 10 seconds then you'll need to buy a priming bulb and put it inline with the fuel lines and pump away until your hand cramps?

182 clio
Try cracking the the bleed screw on top of the fuel filter. If it doesn't start to push fuel out with 10 seconds then you'll need to buy a priming bulb and put it inline with the fuel lines and pump away until your hand cramps?
Tried loosening that off been out there with a bulb and still getting nothing from thing.
it's definitely got fuel
I've been trying from the filter with the bulb but nothing is coming.
Am guessing it's me that is doing something wrong

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Tried loosening that off been out there with a bulb and still getting nothing from thing.
it's definitely got fuel
I've been trying from the filter with the bulb but nothing is coming.
Am guessing it's me that is doing something wrong
Where have you got the priming bulb hooked into?

What steps have you already done?

182 clio
Where have you got the priming bulb hooked into?

What steps have you already done?

I've tried priming at the fuel filter as shown on a bus on YouTube that's about it tbh with the bulb.
Tried loosening hp fuel line on injectors till they spray but no luck.
Tried the ignition prime by going off and on etc.
That's about my whack till tomorrow any suggestions will be tried as its looking as tho I'm stuck.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I hope you like the taste of diesel because you might even have to suck it through??

It will have lost rail pressure that's all, keep going with the priming bulb, it may take a f**king long time though!!

182 clio
I hope you like the taste of diesel because you might even have to suck it through??

It will have lost rail pressure that's all, keep going with the priming bulb, it may take a f**king long time though!!
I saw a thread on Google saying the pump will need primed aswell ?
Ohh happy days I must have been pumping the bulb at the filter end for about 25 mins.
I wish I had a vacuum bleeder ?

182 clio

got it going ?
What pain in the back side.
Managed to bleed up to the filter.
Then had to force Diesel through the hp pump while turning over as the pump I believe doesn't suck when dry.
Running great again no smells or ticking noise power delivery feels smooth again ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet man!!

Glad you got it sorted! Yeah Ford's and Vauxhalls I hate working on fuel systems for this reason. I bought the full bleed kit for like £70 because it's a pain everytime you do a fuel filter or a copper fire seal and then you have to spend the rest of the day bleeding it?? The 2.0 TDCI is possibly the worst as the pump is lower than the filter and rail?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You have to go through that bullshit for doing something simple like a fuel filter??

f**k that

182 clio
Sweet man!!

Glad you got it sorted! Yeah Ford's and Vauxhalls I hate working on fuel systems for this reason. I bought the full bleed kit for like £70 because it's a pain everytime you do a fuel filter or a copper fire seal and then you have to spend the rest of the day bleeding it?? The 2.0 TDCI is possibly the worst as the pump is lower than the filter and rail?
I could imagine with it being lower ?

Thank god a was thinking I may have to admit defeat .
I ended up buying a cheap bulb from Halfrauds @ 9quid yesterday but 25 mins of pumping and nothing.

went out first thing tried sucking but there was no chance felt like it was blocked so put bulb back on and pumped away for a good hour or so then skoush all over everything ?
Then pumped till no Bubbles.
This was all done at the filter end.
Then connected it to main feed and pumped again while turning engine over till it sputtered in to life also couple of sprays easy start in the intake aswell.

job done.

182 clio
You have to go through that bullshit for doing something simple like a fuel filter??

f**k that
no was injector seals and I reckon cause I left it all night with nothing blocking or connected to hp fuel line it's drained back to the tank.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

f**k that

Pretty much on Ford's. They're too tight to put a couple of quid priming bulb in there like Renault do

I could imagine with it being lower ?

Thank god a was thinking I may have to admit defeat .
I ended up buying a cheap bulb from Halfrauds @ 9quid yesterday but 25 mins of pumping and nothing.

went out first thing tried sucking but there was no chance felt like it was blocked so put bulb back on and pumped away for a good hour or so then skoush all over everything ?
Then pumped till no Bubbles.
This was all done at the filter end.
Then connected it to main feed and pumped again while turning engine over till it sputtered in to life also couple of sprays easy start in the intake aswell.

job done.
Yeah I can remember being sat for an hour pumping away? I felt exhausted afterwards, like I'd just ran a marathon on my hands!? Its rewarding when it finally splutters into life though

182 clio
Pretty much on Ford's. They're too tight to put a couple of quid priming bulb in there like Renault do

Yeah I can remember being sat for an hour pumping away? I felt exhausted afterwards, like I'd just ran a marathon on my hands!? Its rewarding when it finally splutters into life though
yeah big ???
Now the turbo ?
It's got small amount of play and oil seepage.
it's done well tho for being a 1.6tdci sitting on about 147k also being the higher power 110 the most unreliable ?

just glad that's it tho, injectors ain't cheap for this model about 300 a go then coding software.