ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Networking a vista

Having a right mare of a time. Being a c**t as normal.

Got it up, in the same workplace, but when i try to open the file, i get a do not have permission bullshit.

Tried a lot of things but struck out of ideas, don't use vista myself so no idea on it really.

Also i'd like to share 4 or 5 files, but access say 1 from one comp only, so it's passworded or comp specific if you get me.

Fiesta ST
Control Access with NTFS permission's (right click folder/file and choose security, also share folders this way under sharing tab). Also make sure file sharing is open on your windows firewall.

I cab make it available to everyone. But it won't find specific users/otger computers when I search for them, to give them permision only, it'll only search that comp. Hmm

Fiesta ST
Set up users locally on your PC and assign rights to them users - when people connect to your machine they should be prompted for a user name and password - use the name and passwords created locally.

That's a f**king weird way to do it. Makes a mess of the computer too with different accounts etc. Silly microsoft. Will give that a go ta

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Set up users locally on your PC and assign rights to them users - when people connect to your machine they should be prompted for a user name and password - use the name and passwords created locally.

Where do you do the user name and password bit? I have my network set up but every time I try and connect to another machine on it I get asked for it, and I have never - to my knowledge - set one up.

Oh. I tired what you said but it didn't work. It wouldnt ask me to log on, on the other computers just said i didn't have access again.

DCi
Where do you do the user name and password bit? I have my network set up but every time I try and connect to another machine on it I get asked for it, and I have never - to my knowledge - set one up.
turn on password protected sharing on network and sharing centre then it will ask you