ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Owner

grmatthews87

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi all, just picked up my new 182 and absolutely loving it. First Renaultsport model for me and I’m amazed at the front end grip and the overall agility of the car. Planning a few odd jobs to make it my own but nothing major, just looking forward to using and enjoying the car.
F5532D91-E33D-4148-BC71-8F95C72B15C7.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
welcome

check your bonnet catch, in the pic the bonnet to bumper gap looks pretty big at the nose. in all honesty looks like the bumper under tray to subframe is missing and the bumper has sagged, but these cars are common for the bonnet catch failing and bonnet flying open at speed and basically trashing the front of the car. so worth a check over :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard, your new ride looks very tidy👍.
As Coops has already displayed this forum is full of very knowledgeable and helpful people so if you can't find the answer in a search just ask.

grmatthews87

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
welcome

check your bonnet catch, in the pic the bonnet to bumper gap looks pretty big at the nose. in all honesty looks like the bumper under tray to subframe is missing and the bumper has sagged, but these cars are common for the bonnet catch failing and bonnet flying open at speed and basically trashing the front of the car. so worth a check over :)
Cheers guys. So I know the previous owner and he mentioned that he's not got the alignment quite right with everything after changing the alternator, I'll have a bit of a play to sort it out. Bonnet catch looks pretty well maintained but will keep an eye on it, does the mechanism tend to break or is seizing the enemy? You're also correct on the missing undertray, it's on my list!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cheers guys. So I know the previous owner and he mentioned that he's not got the alignment quite right with everything after changing the alternator, I'll have a bit of a play to sort it out. Bonnet catch looks pretty well maintained but will keep an eye on it, does the mechanism tend to break or is seizing the enemy? You're also correct on the missing undertray, it's on my list!

the part attached to the bonnet seizes or becomes sticky and doesn't allow the clasp in the slam panel to grip it properly, there was a recall to replace the catch on the bonnet with Renault, but simply brake clean then wd40'ing it every oil service keeps her mint

There are two 'undertrays' essentially, one literally right under the car on the subframe covering the sump etc and then a smaller one from the front of the subframe to the front bumper that acts as a mounting point to keep the front lower lip of the bumper sticking out and the top grill area rotated up to the bonnet leading edge

grmatthews87

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
the part attached to the bonnet seizes or becomes sticky and doesn't allow the clasp in the slam panel to grip it properly, there was a recall to replace the catch on the bonnet with Renault, but simply brake clean then wd40'ing it every oil service keeps her mint

There are two 'undertrays' essentially, one literally right under the car on the subframe covering the sump etc and then a smaller one from the front of the subframe to the front bumper that acts as a mounting point to keep the front lower lip of the bumper sticking out and the top grill area rotated up to the bonnet leading edge
All understood, cheers for the heads up!