ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car finally...

Well today i picked up my new car, a 2006 55 Pug 206 1.4 Verve - with 30k miles on the clock.

I have been searching around for a Clio for ages but couldnt find one i really liked, so this is my stop gap untill 1 comes up.

How does it compare?

Well, the styling... i personally feel its more dated than the Clio - however the looks are growing on me, and its not THAT bad.

The interior, it funky. It has more fancy lines than the Clio... but it does feel more plasticy than the Clio, not as nice to touch. The steering wheel in the Pug is pretty awfull, its like holdin' on to a bin lid. Makes your hand all sweaty!

The engine... now thas a 1.4 8v. My old Clio was a 1.2 16 - now i feel the 1.4 is a much better engine, it seems to put more power down in the earlier revs and allows for much smoother ride. In my Clio you had to be above 4500 revs to make pace... whereas this is much easier.

I don't mind it, out of personal choice i would of have another Clio - but i just can't find any decent ones around my area that i like.

Anywhere, hes a pic or 2.

media3.jpeg

media.jpeg

It's a nice car, its got me back on the road and killed the boredum. Hopefully it will do me well for the meantime!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
the 1.4s are headgasket eaters, ive done about 6 or 7 of them now and i dont even work for peugeot.

looks clean

Hm, i wouldn't call it a bargain - probably paid a little over the odds to be fair (£4k).

Head gasket eaters? Oh dear! Oh well :)

Only niggle i have with it, is when i start it up - its like a lazy women in the morning... it like thinks about it, but sounds slow - asif somthing is slipping? Not sure!

Haha yea.

I am too, its a grower.

It's a shame about the community that revolves around it. I ventured onto the 206 forum... and i was greeted with these s**t things...

3.jpg

Seems to be all about 20" rims and chicken mesh on the front.. not my scene.

I was feeling more alloys i currently got in gun metal grey, slammage and wheel spacers hm.. keep it simple, like the Clios :(

120d M Sport
Looks smart mate, my 1.2 16v and my mates 1.4 8v 206 (both 75) always seem equally matched for pace...though I will say I think the peugeot engine sounds better, dunno why!

The pug engine dosn't sound to good!

When i start this up, it sounds like its about to die... but just keeps itself alive!

It does pull much better than the 1.2 16vs .

BG182®
206info aint a bad place really. I was a member over there when I had my 206GTi. After 206online closed down a lot of the modified car's came over to info. If you looking for technical things about the pub though try performance206.com. There working on a 1.4 16v now and its pretty interesting. Speak to a chap called Ape ;)

320d
I'm not so much a fan of them tbh, don't know why just not my cuppa.

I agree with you about the engine though. My mates got a 1.4 8V and engine in them feels and sounds smoother than the clio's however I think pace wise they are the same but the pug is more eagar to rev. I think the 1.2 16V engine in the clio is a little rough compared to other smaller engines from the likes of pug and fiat etc.

Maybe its just me who thinks that....

120d M Sport
I agree Brett in some ways, 1.25 fiesta lump is better for example.

Back to your 206, looks tidy, get it lowered first

^^^ Being a 55 plate it will be just out of manufacturers warranty, he may have a mickey mouse one if he bought it trade, however I will tell you for free that it needs a new coilpack and extensions with those symptoms, they are as bad as the clios for those.