ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio member with injector issue

2007 mk3 Clio 1.2
Hi, I own a mk3 2007 1.2 turbo Clio with I have been driving no issue for the past few months. While driving the car, it randomly went into limp mode and the ecu displayed “CHECK INJECTORS”. Since then the car shakes like mad when accelerating between 20-35 mph but above or below that it is less noticeable and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is much appreciated

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
They normally say "check injection" rather than "injectors",

get it code read as it can relate anything fuel or ignition

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't recommend driving it much if you've got an injector issue. Fuel starvation into a cylinder is never a good thing.

My 182 sounded like a Scooby when No.3 injector started acting up. I got that one replaced and the remaining three a week or so later. They were OEM to the car and had done really well in terms of lifespan - probably around 14 years old at the time.

I figured that if one was dying, the likelihood of one of the others soon following, wasn't too far behind.