ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new head unit

my factory fitted head unit has crapped out on my clio 172 mk1. should i replace it with the same or is there an upgrade i can get that is compatible with steering remote and dash display? ps i have upgraded everything else including front speakers fusion amp and sub. thanks.

i think sony head units work with the display/controllers.

However I would rather get a nice stereo and lose these things.

I replaced my head unit about 3 weeks after getting my car, dont miss the display/controls one bit.

I also changed my head unit recently because of the same reason... IT"S CRAP!!!Had add the amp and sub etc with the OE head unit and speaker wire to RCA convertors from the head to amp but the signals were unclear and the sound was sh_t, shopped around and got a 24 bit JVC KD-SH909R instead of the Sony because of better sound quality, now its pumping and Im a happy man!:D

Subaru WRX

Yep, get an after market head unit, you will be glad you did, loosing the display and controller is a small price to play for the increase in quality you will gain with a better head unit especially considering you have allready done the rest of the system, should sound good !!

I did it to mine three days after picking it up, made a massive difference even with the standard speakers, not that they stayed for much longer though !!

Mark.

Youre not going to get the full potential from your system by using a factory fitted head unit. I would definately upgrade the head unit! Personally, I would recommend Pioneer as all their units offer superb value for money. If youve got the cash I would opt for something like the DEH8400 (with dual face). Ive recently installed one of these myself and the sound quality is superb! Failing that, other brands to go for are Alpine or Kenwood.