ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here with a Ph1

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Hi Guys,

I am new to here and proud owner of a ph1. Had a 182 14 years ago and ex misses taken the car with her. Very sad time for the car (not for her ofcourse).
18 months ago I got offered as a bonus from my job a mk2 ph1 in Titanium silver that needed some minor work. I have stached her away till 2 weeks ago as I am selling my 125d as we speak and the universe is telling me to get the passion back to focus on my new project.
Needed a new caliper at the rear, new discs and pads all round, battery, windscreen wipers, a new washer hose and light bulbs. This will do for passing the MOT. Ordered everything today and hopefully MOT next week. Engine got rebuild prior before I got it. Front bumper needs fixing, wheels refurb, a couple nasty dents, rear right corner lower sill is rusting and much painting. Time will tell but I can't wait to get her going.
Much gratitude to be here.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi and welcome.
Congrats on the car and what an awesome bonus from work! Get some pictures up when you can. Had a 182 and two ph2 172’s but never managed to drive a ph1!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Mega bonus, I still run mine regularly, heading into 170k miles now and she's a peach, although today coming back from Birmingham for work one of the front calipers is playing up and the brakes on front drivers side got a bit.....warm.... and smokey 😂

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Hi and welcome.
Congrats on the car and what an awesome bonus from work! Get some pictures up when you can. Had a 182 and two ph2 172’s but never managed to drive a ph1!
Thanks, brother! It was either some money or the car. I didn't think twice...
What do you drive today? You still got one of the 3?

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Mega bonus, I still run mine regularly, heading into 170k miles now and she's a peach, although today coming back from Birmingham for work one of the front calipers is playing up and the brakes on front drivers side got a bit.....warm.... and smokey 😂
I have a lot of gratitude. So happy I got a Ph1 although impossible to find a front bumper.
Wow! Mate... that some serious mileage. Time for 300mm brakes upgrade?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thanks, brother! It was either some money or the car. I didn't think twice...
What do you drive today? You still got one of the 3?
Definitely a better choice without a doubt!
No they are long gone sadly. All sold in moments of madness, especially my petrol blue 182! 😢 Nothing fun now sadly, but maybe one day.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have a lot of gratitude. So happy I got a Ph1 although impossible to find a front bumper.
Wow! Mate... that some serious mileage. Time for 300mm brakes upgrade?
Nah, brake upgrades on these are never really an upgrade just more hassle, the stock stuff is more than capable so it'll be repair and replace as necessary

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Nah, brake upgrades on these are never really an upgrade just more hassle, the stock stuff is more than capable so it'll be repair and replace as necessary
I get you! Keeping it simple. Why fix when it's not broken Just been working on mine today. Temporary splash of pain on the inlet and polished the letter.

Attachments

• 20240605_141306.jpg
    20240605_141306.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240605_154548.jpg
    20240605_154548.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
There she is. Not too bad for it to not become a money pit, but plenty to crack on though.

Attachments

• 20240605_141141.jpg
    20240605_141141.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240605_141145.jpg
    20240605_141145.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240605_141200.jpg
    20240605_141200.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240605_141211.jpg
    20240605_141211.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240605_141217.jpg
    20240605_141217.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240605_141228.jpg
    20240605_141228.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 32

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
These are currently showing as £2272 on ktec website unless Iv selected wrong option but seems to be same as above? Even went through checkout to make sure vat was added aswell

There she is. Not too bad for it to not become a money pit, but plenty to crack on though.
Get those side skirts and rear door cards off then report back..................................................

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Get those side skirts and rear door cards off then report back..................................................
I have some blistering behind the side skirts at the back on the corner of quarter pannel is rusting. I plan to fix the rust before the winter and hopefully by next spring, all spraying will be done. Most dents will be pushed back besides 2 deeper ones. In theory, I have part of a boot, bonnet, both skirts and bumpers, 2 quarters and wing mirrors. I'll polish it for the summer and see how much clear coat there is left or I will have to clear coat the lot on top of paint job. Luckly it's only a small car. It should straight forward to prep. Thanks for the heads up.

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Hi Guys,

I am new to here and proud owner of a ph1. Had a 182 14 years ago and ex misses taken the car with her. Very sad time for the car (not for her ofcourse).
18 months ago I got offered as a bonus from my job a mk2 ph1 in Titanium silver that needed some minor work. I have stached her away till 2 weeks ago as I am selling my 125d as we speak and the universe is telling me to get the passion back to focus on my new project.
Needed a new caliper at the rear, new discs and pads all round, battery, windscreen wipers, a new washer hose and light bulbs. This will do for passing the MOT. Ordered everything today and hopefully MOT next week. Engine got rebuild prior before I got it. Front bumper needs fixing, wheels refurb, a couple nasty dents, rear right corner lower sill is rusting and much painting. Time will tell but I can't wait to get her going.
Much gratitude to be here.
Taken it out for the first time today, remembered how great they are on B roads. Changed the discs and the pads all round. Brembo Max with Greenstuff and rear OEM with brembo pads. Will see on the long run.
Next I came with 2 issues. The idle is pretty bad and does cut out occasionally when at slow speed manoeuvring. Looking to replace the Crank sensor and will see what will be.
Second, I have the passenger side rear tire rubbing on right hand turns. It will not be the bearings for sure. I am guessing springs or beam. I don't know the car that well. I'll have to figure this out ASAP as it can't any good. Also the rear is pretty unstable, it hobels about, I just can't connect above 70mph on B roads . I guess old Prokes tires aren't as fresh anymore. The steering response is great and the front end sits ok but will need a bit more stiffness to it when the back end is sorted. Thinking Bilstein cup with sportline springs. I'll go around the bushings also and see if anything to replace.

Any advice to share would be much appreciated.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
If the rear end is bouncing about usually it's the rear dampers have gone bad, if keeping it as a road car, a fresh set of cup dampers all around on my old ph1 did wonders. A fresh set of tires wouldn't be a bad idea either if they're old and the car has been sat for a while.
Might be worth changing the idle control valve.

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
There is clearly an issue on the back end. Passenger rear tire rubs at the back against the wheels linner closest to the exhaust mount bracket then the tracking. I hope the rear beam is not bent.

Roddy78

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio mk2 172 Ph1
Is any rear axle of a Clio 2 fits a PH1? Decided to buy one and clean it up to replace the one I got on now.