ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Lens ?

White Sti Hatch
Im looking to get a new bit of kit for my Christmas but i haven't a clue what to get ! So looking for some advice/inspiration.

Mainly static shots i take.

Cheers

Dean

Lol. That is possibly the most vague thread ever.

Static pics of what? Cars? Birds? Boats? Insects?

Nikon/Canon?

Budget?

White Sti Hatch
Lol kinda noticed that after id posted it but to lazi to Edit :) !

Nikon D60
Kit Lens (18-55)

And shots mainly cars & scenery

Budget wise nout stupidly priced a MAX of £300 preferably below that though

Oil Burner
best lens in that price range (not really for cars) is the Sigma 10-20mm

Wide angle is amazing fun, and its a very good lens. You will find used ones for £300

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hmm don't really know the Nikon range! Possibly the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and sell the kit lens? Probably cost you about £220 all in. Or if you want a different focal length, possibly the Sigma 70-300mm (whichever the best one is). Or Sigma 10-20mm for wideangle, although it might be a bit over budget.

White Sti Hatch
the 10-20 looks like a good shout ! anyone supply some pics with the Suggested lenses ?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
would the next obvious progression not be a telephoto of some sort as 18mm is reasonably wide. have no clue about nikons lol but whatabout their equivalent of the canon f4 70-200mm L series or the sigma f4 version. then once you have that replace the wide angle for better glass.

Oil Burner
would the next obvious progression not be a telephoto of some sort as 18mm is reasonably wide. have no clue about nikons lol but whatabout their equivalent of the canon f4 70-200mm L series or the sigma f4 version. then once you have that replace the wide angle for better glass.

This was my initial thought, But I think the problem with Nikon Glass is they dont do a Pro-sumer line in glass. Besides the old lenses like the 80-200 or 300 F4. I may be wrong, im a decent human being so i shoot Canon :rasp:

The Sigma 70-200 F2.8 would be an option, but even used you would pay £400 (not sure sigma do a 70-200 F4?)