ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New network connection, auto install?

I'll keep it short. We will be giving VPN access to delegates who attend our training courses, in order to use/borrow a licence for a software they are required to use.

It works, however the problem will be setting the VPN up on each machine (either we have to do it for 10 new users at a time (on the course)) or provide a step-by-step print screen/walk through, which will probably end in users not understanding.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to provide a button, which is pre installed with everything (except the user name/password) to give to each user. is this possible?

XP, Vista & 7.

182 Trophy #333
im not too sure if theres a particularly speedy way to do it, you could just set the VPN shortcut up on each machine, takes about 10 seconds to tap the information in then just create a shortcut on the desktop? as for running all 10 off at once, i'll ask a couple of my colleagues if theyve ever done a batch of VPN setups on any of our laptops before!

I just do it manually on our laptops. Bit of a pain but stops the users funking it up. Which still happens when they try and mess with the passwords.

Yeah, see the problem is, I'm not on these courses so I can't physically do it.

Either our trainer will need to set it up (not technically minded) or I'll email them instructions.

If a file could be run from a USB pen, or sent via email to install that would be perfect.

Thanks for the advice lads, I've decided to write a simple 'step by step' guide on how to access our VPN.

Used a couple of dimwits to test, and they were logged on within 10mins.

Next Q: Do you know if there is a way to prevent these VPN users, from accessing the rest of the network? Each machine has a username/password which is fine, however our BT Router is fully readable (192.168.1.254), no changes can be made without the password, but they can still view info.