ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New speakers for my decks...

6/468 17poo
Just moved house and left the old floor speakers behind, now on the look out for some new speakers to go with my 2 decks and mixer.

I have an old skool pioneer amplifier which is okay, and was thinking about just getting some cheap speakers:
http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/tannoy/mercury-v1/tann-mercury-v1-oak

OR get some powered speakers like the KRK Rockit, but these are quite a bit more money and in singles:
http://www.gear4music.com/Recording...=82074654559&gclid=CLy0hZKLwcQCFULItAodBg0A1w

What would people recommend? I play mainly dance, techno and hip hop...? I do have some Sonos speakers too Play 1 and Play 3 but these cannot really be integrated easily.. cheaply?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I have a pair of KRK RP6's for music production, they're great, and mainly used by dance, techno and hip-hop producers.

I tested the 5's against the 6's when I got them, 6's gave a nicer bass.

If you were intending to make mixes for Soundcloud, or to ever DJ in public, then you'd benefit from a pair of proper studio monitors to be able to get the levels right, speakers are nearly always coloured.

6/468 17poo
Cheers Jack for the info, I probably won't be creating mixes for soundcloud its more for playing all of my records. Presume buying 1 will be useless?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I'm doing out my man cave and decent monitors are now Mission 70's currently, but bought some Monitor Audio BX2s and they are awesome.

late 2003 172cup
I just changed from kef iQ floor standers, center and rears to monitor audio bronze set up. Really happy. Got my hands on a month old rel T9 for £500. Why I have never had a rel before I never know. It's outstanding.

As for buying cheaper speakers, I got my daughter little yamaha with top dock for iPods/iphone and I bought he some small gale bookshelf speakers. I intended to change them later on. I got her a yamaha sub to carry some wieght. But I must say them small gales are fantastic. I was going to give her my bookshelf kefs but there was no point. If anything she needs a higher power stereo.

Some good stuff out there. Really is.

Listerine & Poledo
Floorstanding wharfedales, I can't rate them highly enough.
Diamond range last forever and will soak up some big amplifiers without issue