ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Vodafone

Just taken the plunge on an N900 on vodafone. Thing is ive been with o2 pretty much all my life, apart from 1 year with orange which was a total nightmare.

o2 dont do the n900 on upgrade though, so ive had to go vodafone.

Just wanted to know peoples experiences with them - coverage, support etc

Cheers
Tom

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The best of the best mate.

Anytime i've had to phone up I actually feel like they want to help, it might sound stupid but it felt like I was the only person they were speaking to that day. Maybe it was the 3 or 4 operators i've had but 5 out of 5 for everything.

Coverage in my area is better than o2 and orange. As is the 3g signal.

I believe o2 have a better coverage of 3g than anyone tho.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Coverage is a pretty silly question.

But i've heard they are good.

Audi TT 225
I swapped from o2 to Voda for the same reasons as you ;) I've had no problems so far, well, apart from them spelling my name wrongly!

Clio 182 Cup
i work for vodafone guys so any questions let me know. i was with vodafone before i worked there and only ever had problems with phones 4 u not actual vodafone.

koi

Audi S1
Was with o2 before and I've actually found that I get a better signal with Vodafone, no more hanging out the window to send a txt now lol

Cheers guys.

Couple of questions:
My phone should be with me in a couple of hours, i'm having my old o2 number ported across - i gave the lady from mobiles.co.uk my pac code and that was that. Obviously tohugh, im still using my o2 sim/phone until the new one turns up, so how do vodofone/o2 know when to make the 'switch' over of my number to the new simcard/network?

Also, my tariff doesnt include internet browsing, but its something i want to add straight away (it worked out cheaper to do it this way) - do i just ring vodafone as soon as i get my handset and ask them to add it on?

Cheers
Tom

Cheers guys.

Couple of questions:
My phone should be with me in a couple of hours, i'm having my old o2 number ported across - i gave the lady from mobiles.co.uk my pac code and that was that. Obviously tohugh, im still using my o2 sim/phone until the new one turns up, so how do vodofone/o2 know when to make the 'switch' over of my number to the new simcard/network?

Also, my tariff doesnt include internet browsing, but its something i want to add straight away (it worked out cheaper to do it this way) - do i just ring vodafone as soon as i get my handset and ask them to add it on?

Cheers
Tom

You might have a temporary number for a few days while the switchover happens, you'll know when though once your phone stops working and they'll sort out your internet when you ring them within 24 hours.

I went to Voda for the BB 9700 when it was first released, they have been absolutely fantastic and will be the first operator I will stay with regardless of price.

I went from o2 to Voda because o2 wouldn't give me my 30% off like my previous contract and wouldn't give me a free phone so I showed them 2 fingers

just had the phone delivered along with the new voda sim card. When you start the phone with the new simcard however, it says unable to register sim card - is this just because the number porting is underway, and i have to use my o2 sim until that dies?