ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Introduction

OCD_Eng

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Hello All,

Just thought I would say hello to you lovely people as I have already taken so much information from here and will probably take a lot more before I'm done.
I've just picked up my first Renault, a Silver Clio 182 FF. She is not a concourse car, in fact, she is a Cat D brought as spares or repair with no MOT, but that's not the point for this one! Basically, we needed something for the mises to re-learn how to drive, and I fancied a toy, one well-timed Ebay advert and a great seller later and shes on the driveway.

So my Plan. (I do all my own work on cars)
Clear scuttle drains - DONE
Remove, dry, clean interior - DONE
Full Fluids Service - DONE
Outer CV Boot - DONE
Remove rear seat belts - DONE
EML for EVAP system - maybe bypass
FIt Front Bumper in a uniform way - currently has a wide selection of different screws holding on, this hurts my OCD.
No reverse lights - not sure what's going on here needs investigation. Rear wiper has been removed so may have made short circuit...
Replace Yozza exhaust with KTR Ultra and new mounts - too loud for my preference,
NEW - ABS lights - Actually would like a pointer here, this came on when I ran the car on jacks- I guess it saw one/two wheels spinning and had a freakout. I'm used to Audi's doing this where it goes away as soon as the car is moving and completes a short distance steering wheel straight line all 4 wheels spinning together. Can I expect the same here?
MOT
The goal is to get this stage, including buying the car and transporting it my place for less £1500

Other
Fix Air Con
Retrimmed steering wheel
Maybe new stereo- haven't heard the std one yet, but do fancy having Bluetooth

PH2 172
ABS light will extinguish when driven.
CLIO ABS WARNING LIGHT.jpg

OCD_Eng

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Hi and welcome. Sounds like a nice cheap car, the Mrs will love it! Yozza you say? ?

Well if she doesn't, I will anyway. I've not come across Yozza exhausts before, are they worth decent money? This one will likely on ebay once the ktr one is fitted.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well if she doesn't, I will anyway. I've not come across Yozza exhausts before, are they worth decent money? This one will likely on ebay once the ktr one is fitted.
Yeah the yozza is worth a few quid. Pay for full membership here and you can put it in the for sale section and it'll go easy. May not cost you anything to swap exhausts.