ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nikon d40 picture help

mk5 fiesta zetec s
hello just wondering how you do pictures like this as i only got the camera yesterday and dont have a clue lol

2617300010_392dd0ca43.png

Shutter priority mode, S on Nikon i think. Then use the scroll wheel to change the length of time.

edit: Mehhhhh beat to it.

Long exposure ie. anywhere over 10 secs
Camera on a tripod

This was taken by me. Shutter speed = 15 secs

5-1.jpg

Takes a bit of practice too - very much hit or miss :)

Italian 3.2 V6
i could do with knowing this also! but erm, i take it pictures like this can be taken on any dslr? i have just got a 1000D

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah any SLR should be able to do this. Set the 1000D to 'Tv' mode (Shutter priority) and then if it's the same as the 450D, use the scroll wheel to move the shutter time to as long as you want. Then press the left button on the Directional pad and choose a timer of say 2 seconds. It'll have to be on a tripod or flat surface as mentioned above.

FOCUS ST 275
I bought myself the 1000D and have been pissing about with the settings on it.

Had a look through the manual, but really i learnt a bit more by generally f**king about with it.

made my nephew look like a ghost as the exposure time was a bit too long (5 - 10s)

Finding that im getting lots of blurred photos tho.

Guess its to do with too long exposure time and the shakes.

I bought myself the 1000D and have been pissing about with the settings on it.

Had a look through the manual, but really i learnt a bit more by generally f**king about with it.

made my nephew look like a ghost as the exposure time was a bit too long (5 - 10s)

Finding that im getting lots of blurred photos tho.

Guess its to do with too long exposure time and the shakes.

Look at the guides on here mate, teach you so much.

FOCUS ST 275
Yeah i've had a look at the guide by ukaskew.

Good read.

There are soo many different settings to have the frickin thing on tho.

Will go for a walk tomorrow and try to take some photos.

Had a play with it hooked up to the comp to try the fifferent f settings and the shutter speed. Av and Tv on my camera.

Italian 3.2 V6
atm im just brain fuzzed at whats what lol!! been reading up and the lenses are what confuse me and getting the correct settings for the corrects shots! arrggghhh lol...! gona have a ***** on tmrw wen i wash n wax the 172, see what i can shoot with that and the 1000D lol :D