ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nikon D60

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Just ordered one with a 18-55mm lense, £329 from play.com :) seemed too good to turn down really!

this is my first slr cam have a made the right choice?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hope so because I'm 90% certain I'll be getting one too. Personally I would've paid the extra £20 for the VR lens, but that's only based on what a few people have said. Good choice anyway :)

vers le haut doigt milieu
You have made a very good choice for your 1st SLR, I have one. The only thing is tho, the VR feature is really good and the lens you would need it for most for is the 18-55 as that's the one you would use every day for general pictures and in dark places like pubs, parties, living rooms at night, car meets, etc. You can open the shutter for longer without the image turning out blurred or having to use its very intrusive flash, if its not too late see if you can upgrade the extra £20 for the VR lens. The cheapest new 18-55 VR lens (I can find atm) is £139 and the cheapest non VR is about £70 so it will work in your favour. However mate, very good choice of camera, it will give you very good pictures and I look forward to seeing them.

Good choice, but look out for dead pixels on the LCD, they show up as bright blue dots and seem to be a common problem on the D60. Would have gone for the VR lens TBH, its a bit better built and the finish matches the camera body as it has the same coating, not just pure black plastic.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
From what i've heard, the d60 is a very capable camera with very good IQ levels

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
God camera but id have bought the 400d for that kind of money tbh. Sure you wont be disapointed with what you have ordered though