ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N95 8GB

RB 182
Just got this phone today as my LG Shine was stolen, and i know nothing about phones!!

The girl in the shop seemed to think it was the best phone available, and told me abit about it, but anyones whos got one - whats the best bit about it?

She mentioned sat nav, is that standard? Also something about tv? Compared to my LG it seems to be alot better, and ive only switched it on for 2 mins!!

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I have the N95, not the 8GB but pretty good... i have never got the sat nav working but i have tom tom so i dont care about that lol.

Dont believe the hype about N series software being crap.... i have had 4 N series and 3 have broken... but that was due to me....

Only problem i have with the N95 is the number pad paint is starting to wear off.... something with me doing 150+ texts per day!

172 Cup
N95 8GB owns tbqfh...

I know all about them and never had to ask Tom a single question at any point :eek:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Best phone I've ever had.

Looks good, is quick and never crashes. You want to get it debranded and flashed to the latest firmware V15.0.015

I have an N95 8gig with t-mobile web n walk and can use it pretty much like a pc with it in landscape mode.

Some great apps out there too.

VaVa
I thought the latest firmware was V20 tbh... but anywhoo... excellent phones. My only gripe is the battery life.

And forget the Nokia Maps software - You have to pay for the voice guidance. You can put third party software on there (Garmin Mobile XT is what I'm using currently) that utilises the internal GPS receiver and works like any other sat nav.

And having it on you phone is one less expensive gadget to worry about/carry round imho.

Only clever men have small phones tbh.

It's fecking huge. Bigger than my phone, mp3 player and camera taped together.

172 Cup
I thought the latest firmware was V20 tbh... but anywhoo... excellent phones. My only gripe is the battery life.

And forget the Nokia Maps software - You have to pay for the voice guidance. You can put third party software on there (Garmin Mobile XT is what I'm using currently) that utilises the internal GPS receiver and works like any other sat nav.

And having it on you phone is one less expensive gadget to worry about/carry round imho.

That's for the N95-1. The firmware for the N95 8GB (N95-2) is different.

VaVa
Ah I see. Although I was under the impression that the V20 for the N95 is basically 8GB firmware.

Either way, mines been much improved since I updated.

Clio 172mk2
theres few options

buyt tom tom , one off payment , and use external gps receiver

buy route 66, same one off payment, this will use either internal or external gps receiver

the nokia maps are free uses internal gps, but you have to pay for the voice commands , i believe this is on annual basis

RB 182
Im not impressed with it a week in to be honest, whats with the tiny number keys on a fricken massive phone?!! Im on my second one ALREADY! The vibrate stopped working on the 1st one about an hour after it was new, no jokes please lol

Ive also named one key 'the key of death', can you guess which one it is...