ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate sticky pad remover?

Taken my private plate off last night and there is all the remainder of the sticky pad left on the paintwork.

Whats the best thing to get this off!?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Tar and Bug remover/Tar and Adhesive remover - all the usual candidates for nasty grime - even down to a brisk wipe with a gentle wheel cleaner as you can polish it out again afterwards and it's a hidden area.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've tried auto glym tar remover and nearly wore my fingers away! :(

Dab it on to soak the adhesive, keep on dabbing it on keeping it moist for a good minute or two, then give it a rub - that should shift it. Just rubbing at it with a cloth with it on will be as effective as rubbing it with water.

106 GTi
Heat the remaining residue up with a hair dryer and peel it off with a finger nail the best you can. Keeping us the hairdryer and rubbing with the AG Tar and Adhesive and it will come off.

It took my about an hour to do mine last time though. I am thinking of changing my plate and not looking forward to doin the same!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'm considering using a velcro system, because my next set of road plates will be changed for shows for a set of pressed metal black/silver set just with "RS 182" on them. Only downside is how long velcro stuff will last sticking to both surfaces!

clio 182 black /gold
Hair dryer or i used some label remover which i got from work. Was messy but it did the job.