ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 / BeUnlimited 20mb Broadband...

340i
Very disappointed with their service recently...

I was one of the first customers to sign upto their service and always good a good 17 - 19mb of service.

Recently it has been going slower and slower and slower and slll lll lll ooo ooo ooo www www eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.... :dead:

Just ran a speed test this evening:

701080800.png

Rubbish

/rant

Anybody else use O2 as their ISP? experiencing the same issues?

Partner's Astra SRi
I'm with o2. I've noticed a slight drop recently but it's still so much faster than my parent's tiscali/talktalk connection.

701093012.png

340i
Going to give them a call tomorrow morning.. The service really seems to of degraded recently, over the past 5 weeks or so hmph!

340i
Since I've been using it this evening the connection must of bombed out 15 times... :dapprove:

340i
Seems we have some bad noise interference on the line....

Disconnected 45 times today! the issue has been escalated to second line support who will do some diagnostics on the line tomorrow for 24hrs

SLK250 CDI
703617638.png

Bit better today, the router reckons it is 10454Kb down and 1849Kb up
though, big difference.

None of you lot on Annex M?

Those tests are odd. Look at the ping variation (both tests done from same site!)

703620961.png

9505989.png

The better one seems more accurate as my xbox always connects to 50ping games online.

dk

911 GTS Cab
703617638.png

Bit better today, the router reckons it is 10454Kb down and 1849Kb up
though, big difference.

None of you lot on Annex M?

do the test with a wired connection, with wireless its normally not as fast as your router says, also 10454kb does not translate to a download of 10.45mb/s

Those tests are odd. Look at the ping variation (both tests done from same site!)

703620961.png

9505989.png

The better one seems more accurate as my xbox always connects to 50ping games online.

they are both different sites (as in ones maidenhead and the other MK), that's why you are getting different results, different distances and servers responding = different pings.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This ok?

703833187.png

BT says im lucky to get 3mb in my area. But at £7.50 a month it'll do.

dk

911 GTS Cab
thats what i used to get with bt and cost me £27 a month for the privilege tom!

i now get this (over wireless, is quicker wired) for £16 with o2 (plus i got 3 months free and £100 quidco so cost me very little which i have just worked out to be £3.66 a month, bargain!)

703838365.png