ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD Bluetooth Chip linked to android pad + MAF sensor question

Clio 182 Blue
Hello guys!

I strongly suggest everyone buys a OBD chip for their cars! Soo flipping useful! picture of what I see on my nexus android pad below (caution, iTunes don't have any apps that work with OBD Bluetooth chips)

Just proved the effectiveness of my cold air feed with a lower vaccum pressure at full revs and 5degree celcius intake temp drop! -You can also check and remove error codes!

Quick question, the MAF (Mass air flow) sensor has a reading of zero, I assume all clio 172/182's have these sensors?? -but then again I suppose the ECU could calculate this from the vacuum/baro pressures and temp..

260583_10152048689550061_782653744_n.jpg

Apologies for the reflection of my totally interested girlfriend.

As you can see the MAF reads 0. I'm going to try a few other apps android offer to see if the missing sensors work. The engine was quite cold which is why the lambda sensors are blank.

Future plans: Turbo or NOS, oil pressure sensor.

Clio 182 Blue
Yeaaa does indeed get boring quickly, but still very useful! :)

I've also learnt it takes 0.9g(-force) for the pad to come off my magnetic stand and fling into the door...

Clio 182 FF
I guess this is just reading out all the sensors like the RSTuner does. Looks cool being wireless though!

Does anyone have a recommended Bluetooth/Wireless OBD adapter and iPad/iPhone app?

Ged

PD130 Peach
Yeah because I have an iPhone, I had to buy a kiwi wifi obd thing 75 quid! Then buy the app called rev, 25 quid... All in all, well worth it. I just leave one gauge on...

Boost, but then it's been awesome for diagnostics aswell!

mk2 182
The only problem with rev is its no longer supported by the developer. They disappeared a few years back. At least with dash command there is constant updates and online support from the makers.

Nothing wrong with rev. Just saying

Ged

PD130 Peach
Yeah I notice that :/ it's a good app but no more improvement is going to happen. Luckily theres no issues with it haha.