ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only tweeters work, utter treblefest. Please help.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
It’s about time I had a look at this and see what utter pile of pish I’m going to uncover 😫

Im working my way through all the various bodges and mechanical wonders I’ve inherited with this (of which there are many).

Symptoms described in the title. Tweeters only and heehaw from the rest.
The car has a Kenwood aftermarket jobbie head unit that looks like it’s been passed about like an old scudbook.
There’s a massive amount of ‘spare’ cable tucked in the rear door card that resembles a snakes wedding.
My guess is it’s had a sub/amp at some point and been ripped out to fund a crack habit etc.

My plan is to rip all this out and replace with new items.
Been looking at these for simplicity.

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/he...uetooth-mp3-flac-usb-aux-car-stereo-rds-tuner

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/hertz-uno-k-130-5-13cm-220-watt-2-way-component-speakers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26332781...LOWBiE_Qkm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Does this sound like a decent plan or should I be considering something else?

Any other things to check while I’m baw deep and completely out my depth? (Daft Mechy here)

All advice appreciated and thanks in advance.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
The alpine stereo will be decent, i have the dab tuner version and its good.
That’s great then, should be a much better starting point than the current unit.
I did look at the dab version but it’s sold out everywhere unfortunately.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm not that clued up when it comes to in car music. But I've just fitted this a few weeks ago and it's a big step up sound wise from the original head unit. I'm still a bit old school so wanted the option of a cd player. I've been slowly putting music on a USB memory stick and using this more and more than cds. The dab has been spot on too, but only after wasting money on one of those crap dab aerials you stick to your windscreen and changing it for a £10 aerial splitter off amazon. Now dab is perfect as is fm.
You can link up 2 phones for Bluetooth calls. It's wired up so I can use the stalk to control the volume.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
I'm not that clued up when it comes to in car music. But I've just fitted this a few weeks ago and it's a big step up sound wise from the original head unit. I'm still a bit old school so wanted the option of a cd player. I've been slowly putting music on a USB memory stick and using this more and more than cds. The dab has been spot on too, but only after wasting money on one of those crap dab aerials you stick to your windscreen and changing it for a £10 aerial splitter off amazon. Now dab is perfect as is fm.
You can link up 2 phones for Bluetooth calls. It's wired up so I can use the stalk to control the volume.
That looks a good unit too, I won’t need the CD player though

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
Stick with the Alpine, they do sound good and the app is great for setting it up properly. I briefly swapped mine for a pioneer and it sounded s**t.
Will do buddy 😎
I’ve had a pioneer in a previous car and it wasn’t great and looked even worse. It was absolutely reeking of ripspeed 🤣

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
Done some digging……
D53028CC-4E4E-4B7F-8FEA-BD5D467521B2.jpeg

6B5F5A3D-FDF4-4DC1-A4AF-7EE7467B759C.jpeg

CEBC8A12-C355-480D-A1C0-8AD5C9063E40.jpeg

Looks promising 🤣
037A1882-F38E-4D5B-B0D8-3BEC5040A47D.jpeg

Bingo 🤣
8CFA123D-BE85-4F0E-840B-B451ED29F81F.jpeg

Willy Wonka was here 😝🤣