ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange are s*#t!!

Audi S3 Saloon
Right, my contract with orange expired today, been spending at least £30 a month, had a few bills of £70+ throughout the year.

Rang up today for what I assumed would be a free upgrade....
W800i not available till after xmas!!
K750 - I can go on a waiting list and pay £70 for it!!

I told her no chance, then asked her why a new customer would get it free and i would have to pay £70...."After a year we can see your spending habits and determine if we are going to get the cost of the handset back, oviously you don't meet this criteria so you would have to pay this charge"

So basically, if I wanted a free phone on orange I would have to wait till after xmas and either pay for it or cancel my contract, get a new number and get the phone free!?

I'm fed up with Orange not being bothered because I don't spend stupid amounts every month!!

The contract I have at the moment is a student deal with 1000 txts and 120 anytime/network mins for £25 a month.

Had a look around, and the only deal similar to this is online with o2, who would give 150mins and 750 txts for £25, the w800i would cost £30....but this is an 18 month contract and not sure if i'd wanna sign up 4 this long!?

What should I do!?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
orange have strted to be crap recently, i have been with them on contract for five years (my current monthly bill is around the £70 mark...) and they still screw me over and won't give me the offers new customers get. I will soon be moving off to a diffenre t provider.

My only suggestion is to get on the web on the providers website and decide wht tariff you want. I am tempted by a pay as you go to be honest as i am fed up of being shafted in the ass by orange.

o2 online were doing double text double talk for life offers recently - I'm paying £30/month for 1000 texts and 400 x-net anytime minutes, with a 30 day contract (so only one month to pay if I want to move.)

You don't get the phone admittedly, but if you bought off-contract you could then ebay it at a later date and get some money back for a newer one.

Audi S3 Saloon
White16valver said:
o2 online were doing double text double talk for life offers recently - I'm paying £30/month for 1000 texts and 400 x-net anytime minutes, with a 30 day contract (so only one month to pay if I want to move.)

You don't get the phone admittedly, but if you bought off-contract you could then ebay it at a later date and get some money back for a newer one.

Yeah that offer is still on mate, but really wanted a new phone i.e w800i, and these are fetching £250 plus on ebay, so would be better off getting a phone with my contract!? Althogh that is a good offer if you are happy with your current phone!!

cock mobile.
Did you speak to customer retensions department?

They always give me what I want; I spend about £50 a month.

Just say you're going to cancel, they'll soon do something to make you stay.

Audi S3 Saloon
Same with me, Orange even asked if I wanted them to cancel it over the phone...seems like they're only bothered about keeping really heavy users or businesses!!

bummer007 said:
How much is your monthly bill Justy, what did you upgrade to?

My bills are meant to be £35 (inc ins) but there usually around £70!! but there was a few HUGE bills in there too...

When i went to upgrade in the shop, the womens comments.. 'oh yeah, your a heavy user'!! kinda tells it all!

Upgraded to K750 and its fantastic lol!

Audi S3 Saloon
Yeah they seem to appreciate new customers more than existing ones!! What you guys think I should do?! Cancel my orange contract and wait till after xmas for a free w800i and same deal but new number or port my existing number over to 02 but on an 18month contract!?

Or any other suggestions!?

Its not just individuals they don't give a s*&t about. Our company spends 7-8K a year on 5 handsets. Been with them 5 years and the only phones we can have on upgrade are the entry level ones. Similair to PAYG.

As a business customer with less than 10 hansets we can't even speak to the cancellations team. We have to email them. W*%*£rs

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
below is a copy of my letter with all the sh*t i had with orange. got a written apology + £150 + both the amounts that they owed us.... will never use them again

Complaints Department
Orange
PO BOX 10
Patchway
Bristol
BS32 4QJ

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to complain in the strongest possible manner on how my partner and I have been treated by your company.

My partner xxx (account no: xxx) cancelled her contract in December 2004 and moved to another operator in January 2005. The final bill came in February 2005 and was paid in March 2005 to settle the account.

We then received another bill the following month and when I enquired I was told to just ignore it and throw it away – so I did. The following month after that we received another bill and again when I enquired was told to ignore it and throw it away.

Over the past 4 months we have received numerous letters and I have spoken to numerous people in customer service and other departments to clear this up. I had been assured lots of times that it was in hand and was being sorted out.

On the 6th of June we received a letter saying that if we do not pay the outstanding amount the account will be sent to a debt collection agency. As you can appreciate I was very angry and rang yet again to sort the problem out! I was then told that Orange actually owed us money!

This morning (25th June 2005) my partner received a letter from a licensed debt collection agency (copy enclosed). I returned from work to find my partner in a very distressed state and had been in tears thinking someone was going to come round to our house.

I have been a customer of Orange for approx 10 years (account no: xxx) and have just cancelled my account because of this. This situation is outrageous and as a “communications company” I cant believe that you treat ex and current customers like this.

I now refer to your “Code of practice for consumer affairs”. Under the section of ‘Responsibility’ 3 of your 5 customer service business principles read ..

• We will deliver quality, value and excellent service to you.

• We will deliver quality and value for money, and always endeavour to put customers first.

• We will protect the confidentiality of information given to us by our customers in keeping with relevant laws.

In this case you have failed in all 3. You have NOT delivered a quality and excellent service. You have NOT put your customers first. You have NOT protected the confidentiality of my partners’ information as now a 3rd party debt collection agency has it. This seems to me like a breach of contract as there is no reason why a debt collection agency should be involved if we owe you nothing! This now may adversely affect her credit rating on any future financial applications.

At no point have we received a written apology or been offered any type of compensation because of the distress you have caused my family.

I would like written confirmation that if my partner is on any credit blacklist because of this that Orange will take all immediate steps to rectify it.

You have 7 days to respond to this letter; failing that I will instruct my legal representatives to pursue this matter vigorously.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Maurice Thompson

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Your speaking to the wrong person.
Ask for a pac code and tell them why your leaving.

You arent spending enough because you tarrif is good and its sapping margin from them, you'd need to spend about double what you are now to get the k750i, let alone the w800i

Go elsewhere if you arent happy or cancel and sign up a new contract again.

You have to draw a line somewhere, orange are only w**k if they dont give you exactly what you want which tbh, any network in the same situation would say the same.

Monaco 172 2/468
O2 do some of the best deals mate, but make sure you check the area for reception first. My phone is great, decent deal, but it doesn't work in my house !!!!! grrr